By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 448
You deserved it 6 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

zebendyone 0

#12, you're a huge asshole. What do you mean, it's not a big deal? When someone's on a sports team, that becomes your life. Sure, it doesn't seem important if you're not ON the team, but when you're on a team.. it just seems silly to not go when she'll probably see you right after and assumes you have SOME other friends or family to pick you up.

#11, you make it sound like he was being selfish going off to serve overseas, or that he didn't miss her, too. While this is not FML, it's completely insane to compare serving one's country to playing intramural softball.

braFTW 0

No matter the reason for you to be away for such a long time, she should've been there to welcome you back, it's what anyone who'd been away for some time would expect from his/her lover. She has responsabilities, yeah, but if she knew beforehand of the arrival she should have bailed with an excuse.

alex_vik 0

#11 - Wow, that was one of the worst written paragraphs I've ever seen.

#11 you're a ******* idiot. he can't put off being deployed you stupid ****. go play in traffic. Dump the bitch!

This is the first legitimate FML I've read in a while... unfortunately, actions mean way more than words. Most are like "some hot guy didn't like me", "someone momentarily treated me like shit but I got over it", or even "I did something really f**king stupid, waaah"... After SIX months the girl can't take ONE game off? It's freaking IMs. If she didn't have a car, that'd be one thing... The entire team would understand if she explained that you were coming back. Hell, they'd probably be like, go spend some "quailty time..." "Anonymous", my friend, take pride in knowing you're doing truly honorable work, and hopefully she'll either realize it and make it up to you, or you'll move on easily :)

Dont even need an excuse, i don't know anyone that would be upset about someone bailing a game to be with a returning soldier...

must be a lesbo agree with #11 and #12 put dumb bitches in their place

somehow I don't see a soldier telling his commanding officer that he won't be able to make it overseas going as well as a college student telling her teammates that she can't make the game because she has to go pick up her boyfriend from the airport. I'm sure they would have understood. I dunno about where she goes to school but I know here people stack their teams with extra people knowing that not everyone will be able to make every game.

sunnshine302 0

WOW!!! All i gotta say, is I NEVER wanted to reply to anyones comments while some just make no sense at all. But, #11 you truly are an idiot. It people like him that we remain safe here, and able to sleep at night. If she was any kind of GF she would want to see him. If someone i loved was overseas that would be the first thing Id do knowing he came home safe and ALIVE.

Cottoncandii 0

Wow yeah #11 that response is completely rediculous, and you obvioulsy have no clue. And i think that his gf is also rediculous for not seeing him as soon as she got the opportunity, i would be excited and happy to see him as soon as he got home. Some people just dont care, and take ppl for granted.. screw them.