By Miriden - 19/07/2011 14:41 - United States

Today, I got a call from a creditor asking for a Sarah. I told them that I'm not Sarah, nor do I know one. They then asked if she was my wife. Annoyed, I said, "Alright, when did I get a wife? I don't even remember having a girlfriend." They sniggered and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 517
You deserved it 7 496

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I haven't had a girlfriend yet and people say it's oh so wonderful, but all I see are people cheating on one another. (in real life too) I'm just waiting for the right girl, thats all, and I'm obviously not going to find them at my school.

Comments

littlemissalex 3

See, what I do when I get calls like that is say, "Hold on, let me go get her," and then never come back to the phone.

wooww 13 haha that is legit EXACTLY what they saidd

#13 wrote this comment exactly two minutes after you wrote yours, AmethystRain, not to mention that your comment was in a thread as a reply to someone else's, so it's perfectly possible they never saw it. AND, my brother does this same thing to telemarketers. You aren't the only one who's thought of doing it.

I rest my case. Littlemissalex, look at the replies under comment #1. You'll see what she was referring to.

Ha. You managed to humiliate yourself to a stranger on the phone (:

lbumbblebee 5

Those damn telemarketers, that is why I never pick up their calls.

Better way: Tell them you'll be letting your lawyer know they called, and that if they call again you'll sue for the maximum. Messing with them may make them think that you really do know. Believe me, I've had a runaround with a few agencies because somebody fraudulently used my phone number on a credit application. They don't (even if they're legally obligated to) take your word for it.

RabidBunny 10

I don't have one, you don't need a girlfriend to be happy. Trust me, its better to enjoy your time alone rather than getting upset over it. I'm sure you'll find someone, I wish I could say the same though :). Also, if they call back you should pretend to be crazy or something.

mintcar 9

Next time just hang up. You don't have to explain anything to them.

They probably thought you were about to ask them out!

XxThrasherxX 0
Senior29 8
sourgirl101 28

You people are so mean. They're only doing their job. No need to be rude to them. Just politely say wrong number.

bloodshedblack 5

so that makes you a telemarketer right?

sourgirl101 28

No, I don't need to do that job to know how difficult it must be or to show someone respect. Like I said, they are only doing their job. Why would I purposely be nasty to them? Most likely they're taking that job because other jobs are limited. I don't get my rocks off by making others feel like dirt.

broomhildo 19

Maybe you deal with nice telemarketers, but all of the one's I get are complete assholes and simply don't understand when I tell them they have the wrong number. If you're going to be a dumbshit, I am going to get upset.

sourgirl101 28

I hear you, an eye for an eye. I won't stand there to get disrespected either. But "sorry wrong number" and hanging up should do. I was speaking about the people leaving them on hold, screaming in the phone and blasting music. Why? it's not necessary. (: