By Michael - 05/06/2009 21:42 - United States

Today, I found the source of the bad smell that has been plaguing me for the past two weeks in my apartment. The police knocked on my door asking if I've seen my neighbor recently. I haven't. The smell has been that of a dead person. It's a smell that even Febreze can't remove. FML
I agree, your life sucks 85 131
You deserved it 5 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Curtieeeez 0

Gotta love the smell of dead people in the mornin!

Comments

JessRab 0

If I don't see my neighbor for two weeks, I thank God. I don't investigate. Not my problem.

wingedtoad 0

How come nobody can spell Febreze right? Everyone spells it Febreeze or Fabreeze or some other weird combination I can't even think up on my own. I never even used the product and I know how to spell it! May your neighbor rest in peace.

Your neighbor died and the FML is the smell.....?

I'm sorry but I call shenanigans on this one. Although if it is true, that's absolutely terrible but honestly I doubt it is real. We would have at least heard this mentioned on the news or something.. #98 makes a good point by the way :)

Night22_fml 4

People the body was in the neighbors apartment. Also I wouldn't have noticed he was missong because, frankly, i don't give a damn about my neighbors. They're a bunch of crazy old cat ladies, a stoner, and a crazy old **** that drives a golf cart instead of a car.

im_sexy_baby 0

Are you stupid it smells like rotting flesh what did you thinkn it was a rotten egg?

Not everyone keeps tabs on their neighbor. I didn't even know my neighbors until the second or third year of living there. I still wouldn't realize they went missing if I hadn't seen them for two weeks, because that isn't uncommon. I would've investigated the smell though. This sounds a lot like something from 'Lullaby' though, where the guy kills his neighbor and the body sits there for days, but maybe I'm the only one. At least it wasn't the apartment above yours — There'd be a body stain on your ceiling.