By Firewielder - 11/02/2015 02:26 - United States - Midland

Today, I found out the only reason my parents want me to live with them is because of the tax refund. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 939
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you complaining about a free bed to sleep on, enjoy it while you can

"As long as you're a tax deduction, you'll always be safe in my house." -George Lopez

Comments

You're getting married on a Tuesday? Because surely there's no jury duty on a weekend.

Well it could be worse, the only reason my parents want me to stay with them, is because I do all the housecleaning and because I can't say "NO" if they ask me for money... So just be glad to have a free bed to sleep and warm meals everyday! Cheer up OP! :)

I really need you to come clean my house top to bottom every week. I'll let you pick the day, but it needs to be done. You'll be paid in Snickers bars.

Tarlachia I'll take you up on that offer! Are they king sized or regular?

Well to be fair, the child tax credit did drop down from $3000+ to $1000 for the first child and even less for any other children after the first. So, there's not much incentive anymore. But, it's still an extra grand at the least. One day, you'll understand it from their perspective. In the meantime, do as you wish. No one is forcing you to move back in.

Well aslong as the cable and Internet are free who cares about the reason

Agreed! Cable and Internet are insanely expensive now a days.

ChildrenOfFilth 12

You get more benefits out of it than they do.

Hi! I'm OP, I am so excited this got posted!!!! Just so people don't take this seriously, this is a long standing joke between my parents and my siblings whenever we get into an argument.

You better ask them for a portion (if not all) of your refund because that's pretty dispicable.

Sure, but if OP is over 18, i could understand them charging rent

OP Birth Date : Wednesday 23 July 1997 (17 years) nope, still a student, and likely fully financially dependent on their parents. Im not counting movies / play money if they have a job, but kids are expensive.