By Anonymous - 17/10/2015 04:00 - United Kingdom - Nuneaton

Today, I found out that my fiancé's sister, who only got engaged a couple of months ago, is getting married before us. I wouldn't have a problem with this if she wasn't planning her wedding to be exactly like ours will be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 718
You deserved it 1 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her that it's not right to be doing that. You've probably planned for a while and she just took it like that

Comments

bobsanction 18

Oh who the hell cares? God forbid someone have a similar wedding. Your ideas aren't exactly original, so get over yourself.

He said they are taking the wedding ideas from them and will be trying to replicate theirs, which is why they did it before, possibly to make it seem like op and his fiancé are the ones copying. They ARE TRYING to make it the same, not "similar". And it's a bitch move. A huge bitch move. Of which you're saying is fine.

Just learn from her mistakes, and yours will be a million times better by ironing out the wrinkles at a wedding that isn't yours!

That is actually a really good idea you can also change a few bits that you don't like the look of once it's all out and set up.

Exactly what I was thinking, now OP can make hers much better than originally planned and definitely better than the sister's!

mds9986 24

Go to her wedding, get smashed at the bar, object during the ceremony, and then pile all over. Then don't invite her to yours.

Real mature bud. Perhaps you should leave giving advice to other people.

mds9986 24

Maybe you should leave the "This person is not serious" detection to other people.

Unless you can get things worked out with her for the positive you better hope your fiancé doesn't take place in her's and she doesn't take place in yours

amileah13 26

That's pretty disappointing. I'd be very upset if that happened to me. Maybe if you can, try to keep the details of your wedding a secret from her? I know that will probably be a challenge, but it's you and your fiancées day it should be in your style and creativity.

GoogieWithers 22

Tell her you have found stuff/items that are way nicer than the items you already chosen. Make sure they are tacky/horrible and see if she copies it. Go to her wedding and be polite. I am sure anyone who knows you, will know that you have better taste and have been planning your wedding longer. It is a horrible thing to steal wedding ideas off someone so close.

That is annoying, but if you think about it - The only set of people who will notice the similarities to your weddings is your fiancé's family, and they know you got engaged first and planned it longer than her...Well, that's assuming that you and the sister aren't close friends, have loads of mutual friends and/or were in the same class in secondary school/college and the same people will come to both weddings...If not, then who cares?

Sounds like Phyllis stealing Pam's wedding plans from 'The Office'. Sorry OP, but I'm sure your wedding will turn out great

I know the feeling OP. Both my sister and my sister-in-law got engaged AFTER my wife and me but BOTH had their weddings planned for the same year using almost identical everything between them. This included venues, celebrants, cake styles, the works. We ended up postponing our wedding for a year.

To elaborate: ours was planned for June, Both others were scheduled for before that. One was from engagement to married in less than 4 months :-/