By Moving On - 01/01/2011 06:59 - United States

Today, I found out my parents' New Year's resolution is to get me to move out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 581
You deserved it 9 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whether or not this is an FML kind of depends on your age.

twinny_sc 13

Comments

DakotaCat 4

I can't wait to move out.. Minnesota here I come!

It's hard to tell whether to say FML or YDI without knowing the OP's age...

ulicksam 0

Sounds like you should have moved out years ago. Quit mooching off your parents. YDI.

kykevargas33 0

same thing my parents told me. I'm only 17.

FajitaFreak 3

They are your family. I always thought family stuck together. It seems most people think being lazy is some sort of crime, worthy of eternity in hell or something ridiculous like that. I don't know why your parents want you gone, but I truly am sorry and hope you are able to survive.

TheDrifter 23

I take it you view your laziness as a virtue? If you contributed to the household they'd stop trying to chase you out.

Being lazy should be a crime, but it's becoming more acceptable. They probably just want OP to start acting like the adult OP claims to be. Instead of continuing to raise/pay for them. Doesn't mean they don't love OP. OP should be able to take some responsibility for their OWN life!!

Unless you're going to college full time, YDI! Stop being a deadbeat and sponging off your parents.