By jackskellington - 11/02/2015 04:34 - Australia - Bankstown

Today, I found out my dad ate my rabbit when I was 6 years old. He'd told me it ran away. I can't be mad at my dad; he's been dead for 5 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 952
You deserved it 2 847

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. Hopefully when he was eating it, he found several hares in it.

Comments

He knew the gun was woaded, but he didn't think it kiwl... I'm sowwy it went down wike this but someone had to wose. It's the ultimate enticement... it's the wabbit stew.

Be mad all you want, OP. even if your dad is dead now, you only just found out and you are entitled to a little angry time to get over it.

That's a bit mortifying that he ate your pet rabbit. Sorry that happened OP.

Birdbath123 16

I'm a bit confused by how this was worded, so the dad are the rabbit but the dad is dead?

I'm pretty sure OP is saying that his father ate his rabbit when he, OP, was six years old. It's not clear how many years it's been since that time, but OP is saying it's been five years since his father died and he just recently found out what happened to his pet rabbit when he was six years old.

Logically speaking, to not be mad at your dad for eating the rabbit because your dad has been dead for five years makes more sense than not being mad because the rabbit's been dead for five years.

What the actual flamingo? How does that happen? WHY would you eat your child's pet rabbit? That is so awful! I understand eating wild rabbits but to eat a pet that your kid loved is awful! I am so sorry!

There is something about rabbit on christmas. not sure about this instance. a Dutch Christmas song us about this. done by a comic. but flappy is about a father serving the kids rabbit at Christmas.

You can be mad at him regardless of time passing between the event and you finding out about it. For you the betrayal of parent child trust is fresh and it is a pretty messed up thing to do in my opinion.

juturnaamo 29

I'm pretty sure dad's been dead 5 years.

You can still be mad at a dead person, you even win all the arguments!

"The bunny the bunny woh I ate the bunny I didn't eat my soup or my bread just the bunny" --Guess what dad was barbecuing while you were watching those damn Veggie Tales!

No matter how long ago it happened, or how long ago he passed, he did something awful, lied about it, and kept up the lie essentially right up to today. You CAN be angry, at least for a time. Assuming you had a good relationship with him, you will want to find a way to forgive and get past it to preserve your good memories, but don't beat yourself up for going through the natural, human reactions of having been wronged.