By just great... - 22/02/2011 08:38

Today, I found a picture my husband had saved on the computer. It was of me, and he had named it "Fatter". FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 188
You deserved it 12 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'Fatter" means there are also two pictures named 'fat' and 'fattest'.

Glassesrampage16 0

OP should take a picture of his dick and label it "micro-mini" :)

Comments

ulicksam 0

Obviously he knows what's happening and is saving "fattest" for a later picture.

sexymexisilvia 0

maybe you should try to loose some weight, before you find out that says HOT!! but of another girl!

I think there's a difference between 'extra-healthy' and 'fatter', as her husband claims. I do feel bad for the OP though, I wouldn't want a photo of me labeled as that.

take a photo of him, and name it "stubby".

randiZ25 0

I have no sympathy for OP bc the only person who can make you fat is YOU! stop bitchin and get on a treadmill!! make healthier eating choices..

ReynshineCutting 10

We don't know the story here so you can't definitively say that. She could still be trying to lose the baby weight if they've had kids, she could have a thyroid problem, she could have really shitty genetics that make it almost impossible to lose the weight..... My parents raised me on McDonalds practically every day when I was little and I've fought with my weight ever since. You can't exactly tell me it's my fault. On top of that I have shitty genetics. My dad and grandma are overweight too and have tried every diet program under the sun and have never been able to get to a normal size and weight. I've tried a bunch and the one I'm on now has been the most effective but it's taken me FIVE MONTHS to lose twenty five pounds when 98% of people who work with the clinic I'm at lose 3-5 lbs a WEEK. It's all healthy fresh foods, not a fad diet or anything, AND my husband is a personal trainer who kicks my ass in the gym several times a week. When it comes to genetics there's only so much you can do. Not to mention how expensive it is to buy healthy stuff instead of whatever's on sale for dinner. So it's not always just "hopping on a treadmill and eating healthier".

#38 I can see your point. #14 & #21 yeah I can see both your points too. For the record I'm dyslexic, but I suspect maybe that isn't the problem here. At times I have found a few extra pounds attractive and could imagine tagging a photo as 'fatter' to help me find one to ********** to when that mood took me when the better half was away. I can also totally see why even if husband is happy with a few extra pounds that OP might not be happy in her own skin - I have an girlfriend who I think looks amazing, but whose eating disorder continues because she always feels the need to be slimmer, and I don't know what to do to help. The only advice I think I have is to have on open honest chat and then evaluate your options based on the truth rather than guesses. Best of Luck.

Maybe he was talking about your ass and he likes it. He might like that junk in the trunk. Unless you looked liked mila kunis and now look like oprah...

Why are more people saying YDI? The OP doesn't deserve this. That's a stupid and immature thing for her husband to do. Some people can't help their weight, and being skinny isn't always healthy either (see: anorexia, bulemia). Was he really to lazy to name the picture properly, like with his wife's name? The OP doesn't deserve this. FYL OP, you should have a serious talk with that husband of yours.

maronofhearts 19

Not condoning the behavior or anything but why are you completely blaming him as if he force fed her and kept her as a shut in. No he wasnt "to lazy" he named it fatter because she was fatter and I'm sure he already has a picture labeled with her name and if she is indeed fatter wouldnt it be then labeled properly as you say it should Just saying how can you completely blame him maybe she does deserve it maybe hes just a jerk who knows. Either she needs a serious talk with him or a treadmill.

If he already had a pic called her name, that's why you add numbers to the back of all files - 1, 2, 3. It's easy. It is the guy's fault, if this woman didn't care if she got fatter she wouldn't have posted this on FML. She obviously did care, therefore she didn't intentionally get fat. Sometimes it just happens, and living in America, it's easy to gain weight and hard to lose it. Her husband is just being a shallow dick, further proving the point that only skinny women are accepted in today's society.

About the naming of files, you're partially right, but to say that naming files 1, 2, 3, etc. is the only way to do it is short sighted. if he has many pictures of her, it does make sense to label it with a distinguishing feature about the photo, and if fatter triggers his mind best as to which picture it is, then it makes sense and serves its purpose. nowhere does OP say or imply it was done maliciously. furthermore, just because it's easy to get fat in today's society doesn't mean you should. if you're a track athlete and you're slow because you stopped training, why wouldn't your coach think less of you? nobody is asking women (and people in general) to be super skinny, but any relationship requires you to put you best foot forward and continually work on yourself, including your appearance. if instead he labeled the picture 'bad teeth' because this woman threw her dental hygiene out the window, this would be a YDI no question because developing bad teeth completely preventable and brushing your teeth is seen as a basic part of everyone's life. And, for 95% of people, so is getting fat (completely preventable), and a reasonable diet and exercise should be part of everyone's life. lastly, I fail to see how you draw the conclusion he's automatically a dick. he labeled a picture fatter, likely to distinguish it from other pictures, which is very reasonable. being 'fatter' is more of a fact than a judgement, he's just using that fact to help him identify the picture. it's not like he shoved it in her face. she just feels bad that she's gotten fatter, and that would happen whether or not he labeled that picture 'fatter'.

You still don't label a picture fatter. He could have labeled it Hotter.