By anonymous - 30/10/2009 07:45 - United States

Today, I decided to adopt a 11 year old dog that has been in need of a home for several months. Two hours after I got him home, I discovered him dead in the backyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 758
You deserved it 3 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats a shame, but you should be proud of yourself for doing something like that in the first place. It shows u care for it's life, even in it's last hours.

wellinever 5

Probably small consolation, but the poor dog probably died very happy to think that he had found a new owner who loved him. Upsetting for you, but the best ending he could have wished for. When you are ready, have another go. Definitely not an FML. You should feel your life is blessed.

Comments

Well, only one thing left to do, and it rhymes with "shmarBQ."

An eleven year old dog? You do know that's pretty old for a dog, right?

tropicthunder 3

HOW CAN YOU HEARLESS PEOPLE CLICK "you deserve it"

loooooooooool_fml 1

Think, you might be devastated now, but think, you would have been more devastated when you adopted the dog, let's say, 2 years ago, and already got attached to it etc. etc.

11yrs.? that dog is old, it probably just wanted to die in a real home, and did so before you noticed some other flaw in it

Nesyaj0 0

That sucks, but why did you adopt an 11 year old dog? Adopt a puppy next time. You knew it was gonna die soon.

Snowstar 0

I hate people who say that. Older dogs are more loving, and won't try to kill you. Plus, knowing they'll die soon, you can make the rest of their life worth it to them. Plus, I'd bet it's a lot better to die loved, if only for two hours, than in a cold cage.

bre_zip_it_up13 11

you is dumb as hell why would you adopt an 11 year old dog in dog years he's 77 yrs old or older

sandwichbait 0

Maybe he died of happiness, like Odysseus' dog when he finally came home. :D.That's the first thought that came to me. '_' In any case, at least he didn't die alone in an animal shelter. He died outside in the backyard, at his new home. :o

Diogen 0

I agree with the previous comment.... You did a great thing adopting an older dog. They really need a loving home. It sounds like he had one, at least briefly, and died having felt a little kindness and love. You sound like a good person.