By Laurendorcus - 14/03/2010 23:13 - France

Today, I called out "personal" from work because I had to study for a major test that is taking place tomorrow. An hour later my manager called to fire me for "not taking work seriously", then I got an email that the test is being postponed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 434
You deserved it 4 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

glorbnakcs 0

I feel for you. One would think that having a test postponed is something to celebrate, but most of the time when that happened it just pissed me off.

You'd fire someone just because they called in for personal reasons? Really? Even if you didn't know what it was? If they were informed in the morning that some very important matter called them away from work (like a man's wife was having complications during labor, for example...), you'd fire them for calling in? I feel sorry for anyone who ever has to work under you.

Comments

Superstar_T 0

well at least you have more time to study!

frankyvalentino0 0
septor82 0

Everything turned out okay. I called and explained to him why I had to call out so he un-fired me. I had requested to have the entire weekend off about a month ago so I could study but the request was denied. I have been studying like crazy, but I still wanted to have 1 entire day to study, which I thought it would be okay since the last time I called out was in September.

In that case, congratulations :) Still not the best method of staying away from work, but at least understandable...;)

koco4 0

Unless you have kids, I can't understand why you didn't study after work. You don't work 24 hours, so you'd have some time after work to study. You didn't plan your study schedule properly, if you did then you wouldn't have had to take off of work. I do feel for you though because I remember those days, but I worked and finished college by being organized and preparing for each test/quiz ahead of time.

Osakhomen 0

That doesn't always work. I have a friend that would basically be up almost literally all day if she did - morning classes that stretch into afternoon, then work right after until 9, 10 at night. Doesn't leave much open time for intense study.

Fminetoo 0

I dont blame you, but you could always take the route I did. Everyone asks me why I joined the Army as a reservist, and heres why: I went from having a decent job and not going to school and making decent money to being an unemployed college student who gets even more money and stays at home studying all day, to have a job where I will make even more money. : P

is that like an advertisment or a serious comment? lol

TrekkieGirl 0

Glad things worked out, OP!

Fminetoo 0

LOL, serious. : P I hate the whole idea of recruiting. Let able bodied citizens walk into the office themselves. If they dont have the motivation to do that, how will they ever succeed as a warrior? Besides, some recruiters lie. If any of my friends tell me they are enlisting, I tell them of what to look out for. I believe in heart, not money.

you really shouldn't have to cancel work to study for a test. you're either studying too much or have your study time planned out very poorly. also if you're going to take time off, do so much earlier than the DAY OF. they have to get someone to fill in when someone does that, do you like getting the call from work saying "get here and do a full shift because _______ didn't show up"?

^^exactly, ydi for not planning your shit better. You knew you had to work and had to study, you could either study beforehand and/or announced at work you needed to study that day. Karma is a bitch.

For some classes there's no such thing as too much studying...

so dumb...don't u have personal days @ ur job?? he's a douch...karma's a bitch dude, it'll bite him in the ass! sucks for u though, sorry!

some of u ppl who said he deserved it are truly retarded! easy for them, betcha they don't juggle work