By ouch - 16/04/2013 16:17 - United States - Nashville

Today, for the fifth time since my parents got divorced, my father has decided he doesn't want to pick me up for his weekend because I'm "too responsible to have fun with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 210
You deserved it 6 091

Same thing different taste

Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine

By Anonymous - 03/04/2024 05:00 - United States

Today, as always, when my dad says he needs my help and that it will only take 15 minutes, it will actually take all day because he doesn't plan ahead. This has happened three times now, so this time I demanded he compensate me for my time if I have to drive out there. He called me an "entitled little shit" and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 384
You deserved it 187

Top comments

Then egg his house, he'll never suspect a thing.

It's a perfect opportunity to use your powers for evil, he'll never suspect you since you're the responsible one!

Comments

Sounds like he wants to make mistakes that he'll regret later with you....WAIT, NOT LIKE THAT.

Translation: I'm way too into myself and my raging midlife crisis to be a decent father.

What a loyal, caring, and compassionate father.. I say good riddance to him.

RedPillSucks 31

He doesn't want you telling mom the wild and crazy stuff he's doing, now that's they're divorced. Is he dating someone close to your age?

Sucks that you aren't close enough to your dad to be involved in his shenanigans. Im gonna put it forward that maybe you could both do with a bit of tolerance toward each other. What he said is undoubtedly harsh to hear, but it also sounds like he isn't having the best of times with you, or doesn't feel able to be truly himself around you. Maybe you can address this in some way and try and accommodate him too? Age is a bit of a factor too, if you are young then that makes his comments worse but if you are old enough to revel with him, even if it is unenjoyable to you, maybe you should make the effort too?

TwoOneFive 11

A daughter needs a loving, available, predictable father or father figure who can be counted on, whether divorced or at home. She needs his best paternal intentions, even if his efforts occasionally fall short. She needs his maturity , so that she can function with confidence in the wider world of work.

Yes but some people feel that the best way to look after another person is to have fun while doing it. I know people that have, seemingly, the most immature parents in the world. But their kids love and trust them just as much or more than you would believe

SystemofaBlink41 27

Geez don't be a partypooper! When your dad tries to hijack a car, you let him!

perdix 29

It's always a good time to take up drinking. 420 is coming up, ask your dad to show you all about weed.

Why can't being both responsible and fun be a good combo. Nothing BAD can really happen, and everyone returns home in one piece.