By ouch - 16/04/2013 16:17 - United States - Nashville

Today, for the fifth time since my parents got divorced, my father has decided he doesn't want to pick me up for his weekend because I'm "too responsible to have fun with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 208
You deserved it 6 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then egg his house, he'll never suspect a thing.

It's a perfect opportunity to use your powers for evil, he'll never suspect you since you're the responsible one!

Comments

Then egg his house, he'll never suspect a thing.

1- At least until the ultra-responsible OP leaves a note claiming responsibility.

Saran wrapping people inside their homes works too. You'll need the big rolls they use at restaurants, but it's truly a sight to behold. Then sit outside his house. FORCE that mf-er to hang out with you.

Or the ol' glass pane outside the front door trick. Works every time.

beannlove 7

loosen up a bit, try pranking him to also get him back

Sounds like your father hasn't dropped his college mentality...

Yea now we know why the why there was a divorce. What a horrible dad.

ileenefudge 29

What an asshole. Being a responsible person is a good thing OP.

There's also nothing wrong with having a bit of fun. Being responsible is a good thing, but not past the point where you become a boring person because of it

@27 OK let's say OP was an incredibly boring person, that still doesn't mean the dad should ditch his child.

It's a perfect opportunity to use your powers for evil, he'll never suspect you since you're the responsible one!

Sounds like your dad is going through some sort of midlife crisis... Maybe trying to reclaim his youth!?! Try having some fun with the guy. It'll be some great bonding time and the responsible side of you can help keep him out of too much trouble!

BellaBelle_fml 23

For a Grinch you're pretty insightful and gave some sound advice. The OP would be wise to follow your suggestions.

Oddly enough, I was given the nickname Grinch years ago because I was a heartless bastard, lol. Used to be a pretty angry guy... Then I realized I was wasting my life away. Turned things right around. Now I'm a pretty nice ****** guy :-) haha

BellaBelle_fml 23

Good for you! I was a pretty bitter and angry person due to growing up with abuse. It took my now husband telling me that I was a bitch for me to realize that he was right and I needed to change that. He didn't call me a bitch to be mean or hurtful. It was more him trying to help me see how much of a jerk I could be to people so that I could change that behavior. He knew that I wasn't really a bitch and never really wanted to hurt anyone. I was just behaving like that as a sort of a defense mechanism to prevent getting too close to people so I wouldn't be hurt by them. But he saw right through that and helped me to trust people again.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

He doesn't know you are responsible for fun ;D his loss! FYL, OP!

Because aliens took one of them to their homeworld and left an evil clone.. Duh! It was so obvious!

SystemofaBlink41 27

You gotta learn to read between the lines #8

Im sorry OP but your dad needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.

Too responsible to have fun with? He has given you a blank cheque to have some fun. You are unrestricted you can do all the things you have dreamed of doing! Walk around the house naked, turn the music up full blast, raid the fridge! The world is your oyster.