By ThatSped - 18/02/2016 03:22 - Canada - Moncton

Today, during class, a girl had suggested how I, a 16 year-old guy, would be a high maintenance girlfriend. We sat and debated this, allowing for other people to listen in and agree with her, and eventually the entire class agreed with her. Even the teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 948
You deserved it 4 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel like a high maintenance girlfriend would complain about being called that and post on FML to make it seem like they are being attacked

Well, would you be a high maintenance girlfriend? Also that sounds like a chill relaxed environment. Take it as a joke and laugh about it. (:

Comments

Your sixteen. As in a teenager. Of course you're high maintenance, it comes with the age group. Joking aside, if being considered high maintenance really starts bothering you, look at the behaviors they used as evidence and make steps towards changing them. Though, debates like those were banned in my school district. Or well, ones that used a real student as the subject of discussion. Mostly because one teacher made sure to use students he didn't like as subjects for the debates and assigned them negative traits way outside the ones they actually had, and had the class discuss these traits as if they were real, and what other traits the person would 'have' based on the known ones. Needless to say, not just giving students permission to, but encouraging them to verbally abuse a classmate under the disguise of 'practicing debate skills' eventually escalated to the point that bullying on such a scale does. Short of it being, he spent an entire year having his class harass a girl with, as was later revealed, severe clinical depression. Needless to say, it kind of broke the camel's back. TL;DR: Your teacher was an idiot for encouraging a debate that was about painting one of his students in a negative light. You should probably go to your principal and tell him that your teacher allowed such a thing. Add that you found the situation upsetting and the teachers lack of concern alarming considering that they're supposed be a figure of authority you should feel comfortable approaching. Especially since one of the things you should be able to approach them about situations like this, were they to arise outside of class.

The positive thing is you will be high maintenance when you enter a relationship.

By the way this post was written I think I'd agree. I want know what she said though