By Username - 12/05/2011 11:09

Today, as I was filling out divorce paperwork, I realized that my son has had the same girlfriend through both of my marriages. He's 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 843
You deserved it 57 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good for him for being able to stay in better relationships then you.

how many times u plan on getting married. damn

Comments

I guess in this case the apple does fall far from the tree.

Your son is just spineless and puts up with it.

johnnie254 7

and yet your comment was just as spineless

well, goodies for your son, I say. You should look up to him next time..

Have you ever thought that maybe your son just found that right person for him sooner than you. Sometimes it comes down to luck.

Be happy for your kid, he's able to keep a stable romantic relationship despite the family issues he has to deal with.

Humm I think you're missing the point of the fml. It's not about the mom saying she is not happy for her son. It's the fact that she can't keep one guy but her 17 year old son can be in a longer relationship than her. It might be a little embarrassing for her.

I know that's the point of the story. I just think that it's an accomplishment to keep a good relationship when you're family situation is changing.

She is comparing her son with herself...I don't think this is a way a mother should think. I do take this thought as jealousy, not in a bad way or good, maybe in kind of a middle way. Hope I didn't confuse you. :/

nucky_fml 5

Well said citrus girl, I agree with you

well at least you can be assured your son won't be selling off his wedding ring to pay for his divorce since he clearly does relationships better than you do.

Soulcatcherteej 6

Well, how long were the marriages? If you pulled a Britney Spears and the marriages only lasted 2 days at a time, that's not much of a feat for your son.

Good for your son, the little pimp. Next time someone asks to marry you, or you consider vice versa, perhaps you should remember your son and his ****.

Next time think before you take that leap. Marriage is a commitment that should not be made hastily. You're lucky you didn't ruin your son's view on relationships.