This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonyme - 04/10/2016 20:37 - Lebanon - Beirut

Today, and every week, my boyfriend’s sister comes to his place to do his dishes. He’s 28. FML
I agree, your life sucks 691
You deserved it 79

Top comments

That should be a big red flag about how much he'll help around the house and his attitude toward the division of domestic tasks. If you don't want to be the one responsible for all the cooking, cleaning and child care, consider very carefully where this relationship is heading.

The problem is that he is a grown ass man that should have learned by now to wash his own dishes instead of expecting someone else to do it for him, especially if they pile up.

Comments

Would you rather be doing them? I don't understand what the problem is... Maybe his sister can come over to my place and do mine as well. You want her to stop coming over? Start doing them yourself... Then start having your boyfriend help. Then stop helping your boyfriend. Lol

The problem is that he is a grown ass man that should have learned by now to wash his own dishes instead of expecting someone else to do it for him, especially if they pile up.

No, it's that at 28 years of age, boyfriend needs to learn how to do his own dishes.

Fireant_man 6

You must not be doing your job as a girlfriend

It isn't anyone's 'job' to do someone else's dishes, just because they are romantically involved. Sexist much ?

Sorry, I don't think we can hear you while you're way back there in the fifties. Get a little closer to the current time period and try again.

But in general, if OP is annoyed at this problem, and no one else is bothered by it, it's her responsibility to find another solution.

Yep. Everyone here screaming sexism, or the like is an idiot. If she's ok doing it why does it matter? This girl should take it upon herself to ask the guy and find a solution that works for her if it really upsets her enough to post on FML and bait everyone into feeling bad for her. She doesn't need to do the dishes, but maybe she could ask why his sister comes over to clean the dishes as opposed to making a general statement on FML.

#28, that's exactly what OP is doing. She's asking why the hell would a grown ass 28 year old need his sister to come and wash his dishes. This has nothing to do with her washing the dishes, it has to do with his sister having to do it for him. Suggesting that she's 'not doing her job' is sexist cause it isn't HER job to wash HIS dishes. She doesn't live there (implied by the wording of the fml), so she has no reason, whether it be gender or living arrangement, to do so. Get your head out of your '50s ass.

sounds like you have a lazy boyfriend, better train him outta that...

That should be a big red flag about how much he'll help around the house and his attitude toward the division of domestic tasks. If you don't want to be the one responsible for all the cooking, cleaning and child care, consider very carefully where this relationship is heading.

If he has some kind of dirt on her and is forcing her to come weekly, see if she can do the laundry too?

Sounds like she's quite an enabler ..

dannidoll93 24

Ask her not to come any more so he can learn to take responsibility for his own mess!

People seem to be pretty judgmental about siblings doing an act of kindness for each other. There is far too little information presented for me to decide this is a bad thing. Perhaps they live close and she enjoys doing this for him so they can socialize. Perhaps he helps her out with yard work or car repairs. He's not necessarily lazy and she's not necessarily an enabler. I loathe doing dishes. My condo is spotless, I'm very clean. I'm also a very hard worker with a successful company. But I have 3 herniated discs in my low back, an old ski injury. Standing leaning forward at that slight angle doing the dishes is very uncomfortable. So when a girlfriends asks "what can I do for you", I nearly always ask them to do my dishes. Sometimes I'll dry. Other times I won't. This FML may be more about a jealous insecure girlfriend than a lazy incompetent boyfriend and his enabling sister. But then, there's far too little information presented for me to know.

NinjaSenpai 3

Who's to say she's doing them for free-