By tomcat69 - 11/07/2011 00:01 - Canada

Today, after spending 6 months and $15,000 on lawyer fees at my 13 year old son's request, his abusive, alcoholic father no longer has any legal right to see him. How did my son repay me? He ran away to live with his father the very first time I told him he couldn't have friends sleep over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 223
You deserved it 7 794

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lauren10102 3

Hey you could have seen this coming, the dad has both no rules, AND alcohol!!!

If he were younger, I could understand...but 13? Really? What an ungrateful child...

Comments

Kids not being able to make that decision based on weighing up the relevant circumstances are the reason those court orders exist. He'll be back the second his father gets dunk and abusive. Alternatively, have the decision enforced. By the way - discipline him when he gets back, otherwise he'll play you off against the threat of leaving forever.

kingedoftheworld 0

great lecture but this ain't no class

iAmScrubs 19

You could definitely benefit from a lecture.

She can make him come back, since his father has no legal right to see him, like Zebidee suggested. the cops would bring him back.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
zombieekillah93 0

where did my comment go? :"(

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And what would that have done? You can't get everything you want in life and if the OP doesn't stand firm on what she says, her son is gonna run all over top of her.

#25, so parents should always acquiesce to their children's demands lest their kids do something stupid in retaliation? If you are representative of the majority of young people, no wonder things seem to be going downhill in terms of self-entitlement complexes and kids browbeating their parents into submission.

u guys take shit too serious. don't try to teach someone how to parent over a ******* website lmao. 25's comment was her opinion. get the **** off her dick.

53, that's not even parenting. It's letting your brat do whatever it wants.

so, true. my step daughter used the "you don't love me if I can't have this or do that" crap for 12 of her 17 yrs of life. I've been around now for 2 yrs & she thinks I'm "a judgmental dick" who she's "not fond of" all because I told her "I won't let her play mind games w/her mom to get what she wants all the time & no means no & we are the parents" of course that was after she blatantly told me @15 "don't ever try to tell me what to do, cause your not my father" when I told her to "stop calling her mom a bitch & a jerk for telling her she couldn't have a friend spend the night, I may not be your biological father but I AM the other authority in this house & you will NOT disrespect your mother like that anymore" She doesn't try that crap anymore. :)

um I'm 16 I dont think I need parenting advice!! thank you!

If you're 16, then you don't need to be giving parenting advice. You actually should learn all the advice as you hear it though so you might actually know how to handle things when you do have a kid.

ZiaBerry 20

I'm 14 and I agree it's wrong to disrespect your parents or use them. It's completely wrong to manipulate them to what you want, it's selfish. They've raised you for years spending so much to make you happy and you can't be grateful? Being 16 you shouldn't be giving parental advice, but it's helpful to take it.

Your son is a damn idiot. I hope he comes back begging when his dad whacks some sense into him in his drunk state.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Translation: OP, your son's a little brat or when he gets back, he'll have no mama this time. I think that's what it said.

starcristen 3

All I got from my very limited Japanese vocabulary is that Baka = stupid(?) and teme = bastard(?)

kisshu_fml 6

hahahahahaha he totally is!!!!!!!

If you didn't want to deal with having a few problems in your life then you should have kept your legs closed. Kids will be kids and if you can't deal with that then maybe you should send him to live with family. He'd probably be much better off with an aunt or uncle then with an over reactive mother who thinks her life is f*cked every time something stressful happens.

This is hardly something tiny. Presumably she has gone through a violent and abusive relationship, removed her child from that situation and gone through hell and highwater to ensure that the abusive partner cannot come near her or her son again not only for herself but at her child's request. She now sees the start of her young child being damaged, angry and manipulative, pulling this man back into their lives and inevitably hurting himself in the process. This isn't something small and stressful or a situation you expect to be in when you have children. Shame on you for your careless and shameful ignorance. If everyone kjept their legs shut because they thought the worst scenario might have a tiny, tiny chancew of happening to them, there would be no people.

foilindo 0

your fault!! a sleepover never killed anybody and we are in summer time. what's your excuse?!

maybe wanting some peace and quiet? ever had a house full of 13 year old boys? there's plenty of reasons to say no

You can only say so much in the original post because of character limitations. He had actually hosted sleep overs three days in a row and on the 4th day he wanted 5 friends to stay over and I limited him to 2.

It doesn't matter what the excuse was. The /adult/ said no and the /child/ needs to listen to that.