By bastardchild_01 - 17/10/2012 06:22 - United States - Baton Rouge

Today, after much reluctance due to fear of causing a huge debate, I finally posted something on Facebook about the presidential debates. However, the post sparked an argument with my mom's childhood best friend, that ended with her telling me that my dad isn't actually my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 176
You deserved it 3 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow! That was really immature and uncalled for! I'm sorry OP :-(

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Maybe she's just being a bitch.....? Sorry OP :( I occasionally post political things, and if someone is rude to me or degrades my opinion, I just unfriend them. What she said to you was completely uncalled for and I hope she wasn't serious.

Comments

Asshole people say stupid things when losing an argument. To make themselves feel less stupid.

perdix 29

Romney supporters can be such dicks.

So can supporters of pretty much anything else. Including NObama.

Dammit perdix, you've brought out all the political fanatics. All I have to say is this: "47% of Americans feel they are entitled to healthcare, welfare... and food" ~Mitt Romney This is a guy whose parents were refugees, and were able to SURVIVE on welfare. That pretty much made up my mind for me.

This ******* sucks FML is supposed to be funny not posting things about politics. No one knows what they are talking about with Obama or Romney or anything. I hate politics so much.

Never mind, the sodding comment was deleted.

TheDrifter 23

So tempting, but Alan will have my head if I go on another political rant.I wonder if discussing employment trends colored with racial and misogynistic overtones is safe? All in the name of politics of course.

LiterOfCola 16

29: Taking one comment out of context to base your vote off of is silly. Romney was saying that yes, 47% of people feel that way and depend on the gov't. He wasn't implying that 47% aren't entitled, he's simply recognizing that a lot of those people abuse the system. I think it's extremely ignorant to claim that EITHER Obama OR Romney do not care about 100% of our country. They both do. I think Obama is a good man/speaker, but Rpmney knows what he's doing and is right for our country.

perdix 29

#58, you are exactly why Romney deserves to lose. Very few of the 47% are "abusing the system." They include elderly people who paid into Social Security and Medicare their whole lives and have earned their benefits, veterans who fought for our country and soldiers fighting for our country. And there are those in genuine need who can't find work in our boom/bust private enterprise system that creates tremendous prosperity at some times, but regularly collapses in about 20-year cycles and creates massive unemployment. Free-market capitalism is just not stable, but if government can step in while the private sector is failing, it's the best of the practical economic systems. Obama just got handed the shit economy Bush left him and we're starting to dig our way out. We don't need to hire some Bush acolyte to drive the cart back into the ditch.

TheDrifter 23

Boom and bust isn't so much inherent in the free market as its reaction to changing regulations and consumer demands.living up in Alberta now I've gotten used to it, but the USA's 5 years without visible recovery strikes me as odd, as we are well on our way back to boom here, with wages coming back up and unemployment under 5%.

In reality, there's five types of political voters: Conservatives: want to first fix the budget, THEN fix the nation (education, infrastructure, etc.) and believe the economy is stagnating due to over-regulation. Democrats: who want to fix the nation, THEN the budget, and believe the economy sucks because of under-regulation (partly true as far as the cause of the recession) Conservifags: Who believe Obama is the Antichrist, and that welfare should be severely cut, because everyone abuses it. Demofags: who believe Romney is a horrible fat cat who wants to cut taxes from the rich and fiscally curb-stomp the poor. To get rid of debt, just say you can't pay it. Kony 2012 In-the-middle-ers: People like me, and the girl on the taco commercial, who ask "¿Porque no los dos?"

LiterOfCola 16

Unemployment has been increasing because it hit rock bottom, which is proved by the fact that it has been accelerating at a slower rate for the past year. The only reason it increases at all is that we hit rock bottom before. I don't understand your argument about the 47%. Romney is certainly not going to take away rights from anyone or food stamps from people that need them. He simply wants to make sure the people that use our tax money truly need it. If someone isn't abusing the system, they have nothing to worry about. I've heard enough about him being greedy, he donates 30% of his income to charity, pays 14% in taxes, has 7 children, and does more community service than anyone you know. Romney is a completely different person than Bush. He supports small businesses which is the root of success in our nation. Obama is an economical novice while Romney has made quite a living off of economics.

LiterOfCola: So not including the entire ******* portion of the speech is 'taking him out of context'? Fine, I'll play it your way. Here it is: "All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it." ~Mitt Romney I may added one sodding thing, but that isn't taking him out of context; it's paraphrasing. What he said is what I quoted in a paragraph. Who THE **** says you aren't entitled to food? Apparently, Mitt Romney does. Based on his own logic, his father wouldn't vote for him.

By the way, all I'm saying is I won't vote for someone who doesn't think people deserve or have to earn the right to eat. I agree with License Plate (a.k.a gc123456789). Conservatives need a little liberal, and vice versa. I'm what he would call an "In-the-middle-er".

Gee, Perdix, I never took you for a socialist.

Where'd my comment go? Was it removed? If so, that's lame, I wasn't being offensive.

BTW, Romney was essentially right in his 47% comment. I think he just overestimated the number. There ARE in fact people abusing the system. Recently there was a woman stilly receiving welfare checks even after she won a million dollars in the lottery. She even paid taxes on that million, but the IRS didn't notify Welfare or check to see if she was on any entitlement programs. The only reason Welfare found out was because a local news agency broke the story. That same woman tragically died of a drug overdose. So what was that welfare money going to? Not feeding herself or her two children, but to support her drug habit. Personally, I don't want my tax dollars paying for a millionaire's drug habit. And here's a quote from Obama, just to spice things up: "If you own a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else set that up for you."

58, Romney said word for word "it's not my job to care about those people." How is that taking it out of context? He just wrote off half of the country!

79 - you as well, should expand your quote from Obama, as it is also out context. The president mentioned this in the middle of a whole speech, where he talked about businesses next the work of others to make them happen. Teachers that taught the CEOs, roads that provide the infrastructure for your business, etc. He was saying all these people helped you achieve your success and therefore you should put more back into the system for that reason. Also, as I've told many people before who have said the same thing to me, I'll need actual evidence of "a lot of people abusing the system" before I take your word for it.

LiterOfCola 16

86: Firstly, that is not a word for word quotation so stop. Maninthemachine: I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that Romney doesn't believe people are entitled to food. He said that people feel they are entitled to food; he never said they were wrong. He's making a point that the people that are dependent on government (a lot of people) are probably going to misinterpret what his goals are and not vote for him, so he's going to focus his campaign on the people (53%) that are going to give him a chance. He's not saying 47% abuse the system (people misinterpret this implication) he's saying that 47% think Romney will make the system worse (and yes, there are a lot of system abusers, it's not just war vets and hard workers). The fact that you truly believe that Romney doesn't want underprivileged people to have food shows that you're just blindly agreeing to super-liberal media distorting what the man was trying to say. It was a minor slip up that's being taken out of context. Its Just like the Obama quotation about small businesses was a minor slip up that has been distorted. Notice that I am actually able to consider both sides, instead of making my point by going: "how the **** do YOU THINK ROMNEY is a good person?!" They're both good people, and you should base your vote off of their policies, not a mis-phrase or by blindly following a certain party. The only reason you have thumbs up is that people are thumbing up based on the fact that they're already voting for Obama. You're points are not more valid than mine.

Some people are just aasholes. Don't talk to this person anymore. They have no respect.

"Stop liking what I don't like, and find your biological father." Quite the rebuttal to a political discussion.

slickchrome 11

This why you shouldn't talk about ur political opinions! This is why you shouldn't be friends with your moms friends! This is why you shouldn't be friends with ur mom! This is why you shouldn't use FACEBOOK!!!!!!

lacespace 8

Well she's not your moms best friend anymore that's for sure

That's a low blow. I'm sorry OP that woman was evil for doing that. Of your father loved you, then don't worry about that information.

Since you seem non-confrontational, I don't understand how you continued to argue with her when the debate must've shown it was heading in a personal direction. Healthy debate is stimulating! Facebook should be the last place you go looking for that.

Too bad you can't defriend your mother.

It was the mothers friend. Not op's mom.