By oldlady - 08/11/2009 00:38 - United States

Today, after a trip to my doctor I found out that my recent mood swings and hot flashes are the result of a hormonal imbalance that mimics the effects of menopause. I'm a 17 year old guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 162
You deserved it 2 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...trapped in the body of a 50 year old cougar.

On the bright side you skipped mimicing menstruation.

Comments

Ya know there ALL kinds of intersex conditions! So like yah you never really know what you may have...

Mimics, not that it is. They were just helping you understand what you were going through. This doesnt even sound embarrassing at all.

His condition in itself is not embarrassing, but think about how his 17-year-old friends will react to his situation. I think the constant mocking that will almost surely follow is what makes this an FML.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I actually just heard somewhere that men DO go through menopause... Or, the male equivalent, anyways. That's usually when they start needing Viagra. They start slowly decreasing their body's production of testosterone, and it causes all these problems like depression and sexual problems. But it (usually) doesn't occur until age 35 or later. (I saw this on some Health channel thing) So, OP, you're just going through menopause early! That /does/ suck, though.. :3 FYL.

I disagree that it is like menopause, because menopause results in no more babies from mommy whereas men are fertile up until they die, granted they have no other problems.

aus_girl 0

dude seriously dont panic, its actually really common, most guys just wouldnt be man enough to admit it

there is such thing as male menopause and if teenage girls go through a female menopause (which happens quite often) why shouldn't a man? it is a fml but hay Viagra can be your best friend

I think you mean menstruation, menopause doesn't occur in women until about age 50.

Sucks to be you, dude! And that's coming from a guy with bone cancer :P FYL

you bad ....are you happy on the way to built your happiness on the other 's pain?

meghannx19 0

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

fringle 0

At least when your teachers start acting like a bitch you can go up to them, place a hand on their shoulder and say, "Oh honey, I know what you're going through."

Well if you know what a period is then menopause is basically when the period stops completely. I'm sure you know women get periods once a month well when they reach a stage in their lives that their period stops completely (I think some point after age 45) then that's called menopause. This is also the time women stop producing ovaries which means they can't have kids and have less interest in sexual activity.

"Producing ovaries"? LOL. Ovaries are the organs that produce the eggs. During menopause, the ovaries stop producing eggs.

Plus women do not "produce eggs" during their life, the "eggs" are built before the birth. Girls basically come to the world with a fixed amount of eggs, and start releasing them once a month when they hit puberty. (To explain it very roughly).