Stability

By Terrible Boss - 18/09/2019 02:04 - United States

Today, I fired all 12 of my employees, purely out of anger and frustration. Realizing my mistake when I'd calmed down, I called each employee and apologized, asking if they'd come back. Only one said yes. The mailroom clerk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 387
You deserved it 6 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might just need anger management classes if you fired your whole staff out of pure frustration.

Comments

Can't blame your former employees. Fearing you could get fired on a whim is not a great incentive to come back.

Mathalamus 24

You aren't very smart. Best close your business now.

while I agree OP needs some anger management and for sure ****** up... they aren't a monster, they aren't a horrible human being, they aren't any worse than any one else as far as we know... they messed up and tried to fix it. how many people have stormed out based on anger or frustration the difference is that OP is management. people read someone else messing up and jump all over them, if OPs company fails it's on them, but at least they tried to fix things. I have personally seen companies fire entire shifts of 10 year plus to see if new people would be better at it...

Managers (good ones, anyway) have some sort of formal training in working with and leading people. Firing one or two can be put on anger and frustration. Firing the entire staff is more along the lines of a psychotic break. Even if the boss is sorry, people would have to be stupid to come back.

This is why it is such a terrible idea to make big decisions when you are angry.

Man, don't you just hate it when you get stuck with the consequences of your own actions?

If all you did was apologize and not offer something for the incident like a raise, extra vacation day, bonus, as well as a promise to go to anger management, you insulted them twice. I’m sure that shit is all over your areas job search groups by now. You are either going to get gouged since employees know you are hard up or go out of business. Blow ups like that take a lot of action to make up for. I had my share before my bipolar was diagnosed and treated. If this wasn’t your first over the top blow up, I feel bad for you. If it wasn’t and you did nothing to ensure it wouldn’t happen again, have fun cleaning up this mess. Hope you learn from it.

I know this isn’t the point but a 12 person company with a dedicated mail room clerk? How much mail does a company with 12 employees get?

LOL oh to live in a country without labour laws lol; pull that shit in Canada and you have fines for life. You have no business being an employer

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Did you at least offer your victims a raise?