Bad boy

By Anonymous - 02/01/2022 05:01

Today, my son accused me of being a "Karen" about house rules, and insists he’ll follow normal rules but ignore my supposedly "insane" rules. I consider all my rules normal, so he pointed out he’s 6ft6 and 100 lbs heavier so he will ignore rules he doesn’t agree with, and good luck stopping him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 710
You deserved it 996

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is he 18? point out the front door and tell him he's free to do as he pleases somewhere other than your house. also anything that you've paid for gets to stay as he makes his exit

You should evict him for threatening you.

Comments

is he 18? point out the front door and tell him he's free to do as he pleases somewhere other than your house. also anything that you've paid for gets to stay as he makes his exit

You should evict him for threatening you.

Tubbytoy42 5

you raised him. he is who you shaped him to be.

Mylife 12

I'm sorry but he, sound like a total douchebag. Try getting a male family member to get after him, I pretty sure that he will clean the whole house.

Either you created a monster or you have insane rules, so figure out which is the real truth and move on.

This is very true. He didn't say he wouldn't follow any of her rules, just not the insane ones. Without knowing what he considers to be an insane rule it is possible that he was perfectly justified in his stance. Too many people on here were willing to make a comment without knowing some very important details.

op should have given a "for instance" instead of telling us they think their rules are normal. if they didn't think they had normal rules would they have those rules...

whomever said you didn't raise your kid right didn't take into account social media. kids see so much crap that is hard to compete. good luck with your entitled snot of a son.

ccarter15 1

Therapy, he’s probably a bit of a douchebag, and some of your rules are probably insane. Let a professional help.

Now is the time to remind your son that this is your house and if he ever speaks to you like that again there's the front door and also you may want to have a police officer come over and give him a little talking too about domestic violence. That is totally unacceptable behavior and it is your house your rules regardless if he thinks that they may be insane. I have a teenager myself who thinks that the rules of having to pick up after herself, clean her room once a week, and do dishes once a week is total bullshit.

wysegirl 24

if he has any privileges I would remove them.. no phone, no game systems, no internet..

HereWeGo24 6

Looks like it’s time for him to go