20 Embarrassing Texting Fails That Anyone Who Has Ever Even Touched a Cell Phone Can Relate To
Remember when texting first became a thing? The limited characters, numeric keypads, and T9, the OG autocorrect. It was a revolution in communication! Who could’ve predicted all the new problems of communication it would later lead to. When we text, there is an endless number of things that can go awry. From autocorrect fails, to texting the wrong person, to group texting the wrong people…the possibility for embarrassment is endless.
That’s why Jimmy Fallon regularly asks his viewers to share their most cringey, embarrassing, and hilarious texting fails with the hashtag #TextFail on Twitter. These people truly know what an FML feels like. Here are some of our favorite!
1. Yumm. One of my favorite traditional Chinese dishes.
2. Alternative medicine FTW.
3. That angel emoji is less than appropriate.
4. When you accidentally reveal your fetish to your mom...
My dad sent me "Want to get some ??" He thought it was chocolate ice cream. #TextFail— Ryan Phillips (@ryancphil92) July 26, 2017
6. She's in a better place now.
Once I texted my mom "grandma's good" but it autocorrected to "grandma's gone". Mass panic. #textfail— Jon Sosis (@FunnyJS) July 26, 2017
7. Very nice!!!
8. What a sweet sibling relationship you two have.
Once I tried to text my brother about good news but instead I told him "I have good nudes" #TextFail— DJ (@DJ_DallasJames) July 26, 2017
9. He needed to know.
My boss sent me a text to see if I had started on a new project. Autocorrect took over & I respond, "Yep, just sharted" #TextFail— Tim Drake (@timdrake) July 26, 2017
10. Sounds like wife material.
11. Is it just me, or is it odd that she'd text you to tell you she wanted to make out?
When trying to say "I'm game!" when my wife texted me that she wanted to make out, I typed "I'm GAY!" Confusion ensued. #textfail— Barry B (@23spartan364) July 26, 2017
12. Formal wear for down there.
13. What do you think she was trying to say?
I once got a text message from my mom that said urinate. She was typing a sentence and it just autocorrected to just that word. #TextFail— B (@bch2016ginger) July 26, 2017
14. Cuddling your way to the top is no way to succeed.
"I need a good cuddle sesh"— nbmints (@brmints) May 12, 2017
Accidentally texted to boss.
Our next 1:1 may be a little awkward...#textfail
15. Just got laid, Friday night.
16. Now that's metal.
My friend asked me what I was doing and I tried texting back "eating hummus" but my phone changed it to "eating humans" #textfail— Kristina Martin (@KristinaMD88) January 11, 2017
17. Why is the "i" next to the "u"?!
18. Not sure I needed to know that...
Once, a friend texted me “What’s up?” I tried to respond “Not much” but it autocorrected to “Nut itch.” #TextFail— Julian Frank (@JulianFrank115) July 26, 2017
19. Sorry, buddy.
Once received text:— Nathan Blank (@nathanblank_) July 26, 2017
"Pray for me. I'm going to break up w/ Nate tonight."
Problem1: My name is Nate
Problem2: Text was from gf#textfail