15 FMLs About People Who Are Definitely Aware of Reptiles In Honor of National Reptile Awareness Day
Have you ever heard of a “reptile”? It’s a class of animals characterized by cold blood and scales or bony plates, who lay soft-shelled eggs. Some examples are snakes, lizards, turtles, and tortoises. If reptiles sound familiar to you, it’s because you started learning about them probably before you could even read.
Nevertheless, there exists a day dedicated to reptile awareness, and that day has come. Some things you could do to celebrate include going to the zoo to see a reptile in real life, or if you’re feeling lazy, you could google a picture of a lizard. if you’re feeling a cinematic itch, you could watch any of the Anaconda movies or make the day a fiesta and watch Jurassic Park (dinosaurs were reptiles too)!
We at FML have decided to recognize National Reptile Awareness Day by compiling 15 FMLs in which someone suddenly becomes aware of a reptile. Whether they’re learning about reptiles for the first time or happen to stumble across a reptile they didn’t know was there, these people weren’t quite aware enough and paid for it in the end!
1. How sweet, a child offering council to the world's earliest reptiles after become aware of their demise.
2. This highly unaware 10-year-old could use some help from the last kid.
3. While he's at it, he might as well also educate this unaware 20-year-old.
Today, I had to convince my 20-year-old boyfriend that not only is his aquatic turtle a reptile, but that it's also cold-blooded and thus can't regulate its own temperature just by going into its shell. He still thinks I'm the stupid one. FML
4. You've got to help him out. Spread the awareness!
5. In this FML, reptile awareness was just a guise for b00b awareness.
Today, I tried to impress the guy I like. He breeds reptiles, and I happen to have a snake and a lizard. I went over to his house to show them off. He opened the door just as my lizard fell between my boobs. He had to help me get it out. FML
6. Poor guy, OP wasn't aware you were there!
7. Technology is a good tool for spreading lizard awareness.
8. This OP wishes he'd been aware earlier.
Today, I used a blanket outside for a picnic. Later, while throwing it in the washer, I noticed a lizard jump out to land inbetween the bowl and the side. Then I noticed a wasp had joined it. I'm scared to open my washer now. FML
9. One way to say aware of reptiles is by listening for their calls, like this one.
Today, I found out where my sister's pet lizard escaped to. I also found out that the little shit likes to hide in dark, cold places. I discovered this when I heard the bastard squeal as I started the lawnmower. FML
10. This guys knows how to celebrate awareness day!
11. When awareness goes wrong.
12. The more you know.
13. Someone was too aware, to a fault.
Today, I was spending some time alone out in the countryside, when I glanced at my boot. I saw a snake, screamed, ran like hell for my car, tripped over my own feet, and smashed my kneecaps. Upon further inspection, I realized the "snake" was my loose shoelace. FML