By dgilbs - 27/08/2012 14:50 - United States - Cheboygan

Today, I finished my shopping at Costco, and realized I had forgotten where I had parked. After scouring the parking lot for 20 minutes, I called the police and filed a report for a stolen vehicle. I then remembered I had bought a new car yesterday and parked it right next to the entrance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 023
You deserved it 37 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Strange. When I get a new car, I always park it so far in the back that no one would ever park near it.

Comments

What about if OP has Alzheimer's and doesn't even remember that he/she does, and it was not mentioned in the FML

estes816 9

Wouldn't parking right next to the entrance be the handicap parking? So, maybe OP does have alzheimers.

What of what of what if. Guys, go by real facts. Don't use your imagination to come up with the most heinous thing you could think of!

Jesus Christ. I meant what if what if what if. Auto correct is a bench.

BunchieRules 31

109 - Yeah, autocorrect can be a real bench sometimes. Was that intentional, or did it get to you again?

That's gonna be awkward I explain to the cops

You are so nice, explaining it to the cops for OP. it's refreshing to see such nice people around.

The explanation is fairly simple. I don't always buy a new car, but when I do I forget the next day and report it stolen.

4 - correction: "That's gonna be awkward." I explain to the cops.

You probably shouldn't be driving if you forget that easily..

Strange. When I get a new car, I always park it so far in the back that no one would ever park near it.

In your lifetime, you'll have a few (hopefully). I'm on my 5th new car and when I first got it, I feared parking next to people that might scratch it. My efforts were in vain. It's got a bunch now!): damn compact parking BS!

kut17 11

The rogue shopping carts get you if you park in the middle of nowhere.

6, I only park next too expensive vehicles, such as a Saab, Mercedes and the occasional Audi... I figure they probably don't want their car damaged either. But then again, I just got my first car May 1st. >_> still protective.

Why didn't you use your keys to find it?

not every car has a remote lock/unlock/ignition button on a remote.

If its a new car, it most likely does.

i was just saying there are a few new cars that come without the remote/automatic locks

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, but you have to be within a certain distance. The parking lot is huge, although the OP did say he parked near the entrance.

#13, If OP can't remember a new car, why would he remember a new remote? Or what it does?

I've walked right past my car that I've had for three years. After searching for a few minutes and wandering further into the lot I used my remote. I found it in less than thirty seconds.

It's an extra fee for electric locks on some models. Mine is a 2014 spark & it doesn't have a remote. My sister has a 2013 sonic & it has manual crank windows. It all depends on the car.

Parking lots are confusing enough when you know what car you have, so searching for a car you can't even remember you have must be very difficult.

expertsmilee 26

You - Oh, sorry officers, there's my car right by the entrance. Officer - ._.