By onemonthmyarse - 25/07/2018 14:00 - United Kingdom - Isleworth

Today, it's been 9 months since my home was damaged by a neighbour's gas explosion. The council said it would take a month to repair. I'm still living on my boyfriend's mother's sofa. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 317
You deserved it 184

Top comments

At least your potential future mother-in-law likes you well enough to let you stay at her place. That could be nice for the future.

Okay, so I get that your home still awaiting repairs is bad, and you might want to speak to a lawyer about it, but considering it's been nine months, why don't you get a place with your boyfriend? Even temporarily renting an apartment would be better than sofa surfing at his mom's house.

Comments

Okay, so I get that your home still awaiting repairs is bad, and you might want to speak to a lawyer about it, but considering it's been nine months, why don't you get a place with your boyfriend? Even temporarily renting an apartment would be better than sofa surfing at his mom's house.

They might not be in a financial place to deal with that. That could easily amount to thousands of dollars insurance might not be willing to reimburse in a timely matter (or ever).

At least your potential future mother-in-law likes you well enough to let you stay at her place. That could be nice for the future.

Well sounds like you have one of those lazy or corrupt council's,first contact them if that doesn't work get a attorney to send a letter of intention if they don't get off there ass' and fix your house you'll take them to court for not repairing home in time fame they said it would be. Also I hope your neighbor is ok and follow up please.

Could you fix it yourself then sue the neighbors for damages?

Sounds like they're council owned houses, you wouldn't be easily be able to sue the council for something like that and they'd drag the case out for years. Not to mention in the UK when you sue it's extremely rare to win enough to cover your costs/losses

ncparry 18

He’s in the U.K. he’s pretty much screwed and will just have to wait...