This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By unlucky gal - 13/10/2017 13:00

Today, I was officially uninvited to a party happening this weekend. I just bought a new outfit for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 669
You deserved it 490

Top comments

Did you let them know that you did indeed buy an outfit for the party and therefore will not be attending naked? Perhaps they just haven't caught up with recent events.

That happened to me too. Except I was uninvited because I got drunk and had a fight with someone over the group chat for the party.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It’s not never. If the preposition is part of a phrasal verb, it can end a sentence. “Don’t tell me to shut up.” Where else would the preposition go?

As Winston Churchill said, that is the sort of thing up with which I will not put. There are times when it's perfectly okay to end a sentence with a preposition--especially when rewording the sentence would make it even more awkward. It's also okay to split a preposition.

That happened to me too. Except I was uninvited because I got drunk and had a fight with someone over the group chat for the party.

I feel your pain, I have had guy friends tell me similar things... Though it also always involves a custom printed t shirt, a strange head ornament, or a Halloween costume... But rest assured they always found another opportunity to wear them so they didn't go to waste!

Did you let them know that you did indeed buy an outfit for the party and therefore will not be attending naked? Perhaps they just haven't caught up with recent events.

I hope at least you can return the outfit. Unless you still want to keep it ofc

Well, then officially return your outfit and use the money to buy some Red Vines and Yoo-Hoo, and watch reruns of “Baywatch” with your cat(s). That’s a kick-ass party!!!

EnvyMe33 26

What I want to know is why they uninvited you?!?

You're clearly too cool for them. Just throw a party with the coolest people you know... talking to yourself and getting drunk alone while crying is still cool, right?

Lobby_Bee 17

Take that brand new dress and share it with a pizza and Netflix on the couch. Almost just as good, almost.

Screw the party! Put on you new outfit and go get yourself find yourself a man! Or women!

Well **** your "friends" directly in the face