By MrT - 11/06/2018 15:00

Today, I phoned my bank. The person wouldn't speak to me about my account as I "sound female" despite being a year 30-old-male. They had to get a supervisor and listen to recordings of past calls to believe me. This isn't the first time I've been mistaken for a girl on the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 047
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been called ma’am over the phone, I’d be rich, and I’m a 32 year old dude myself. So you’re not alone.

And 30 years later, do you still have the tiniest penis among all your brothers?

Comments

marecu 13

I mean, if it’s a serious problem then you could use a voice changer.

You could use it to get free stuff from man in online games.

I’m sorry you’re born with female voice.

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been called ma’am over the phone, I’d be rich, and I’m a 32 year old dude myself. So you’re not alone.

psh if i had a nickel for everyone whos mistaken me as male by just looking at me id already be rich at the age of 10

And 30 years later, do you still have the tiniest penis among all your brothers?

Zekfen 17

I went through a drive through the other day and the person talking to me sounded female. High pitched voice, very feminine sounding. So being polite I used yes ma’am, no ma’am, etc. I get my total and pull up, 6ft+, 250#+ black man. Sounded like that life guard dude from the grown up movies. Im pretty that wasn’t mayo on my burger.

When I worked on the phones, we would put a special note on file to avoid confusion. Ask.

OP - I feel your pain. I had a high pitched voice when I was young and it’s still not really deep. I am a male, heterosexual, 6 feet 1 inch tall, and thank you, my penis and tentacles are fine. When I was a teen and people would call the house sometimes callers would think I was my mom. As I got older my voice deepened a bit and I became more self confident. In my case, I have a suspicion that as my voice “cracked” in adolescence I unconsciously tightened my vocal cords to keep my voice the same instead of cracking. I cannot promise it will work, but it cannot hurt - Get some music of a singer with a deep voice (such as Johnny Cash) that you like. Play it loud and sing along in their style. You won’t become Johnny Cash or develop a great singing voice but if you do this it may lower the register of your voice a bit. Obviously do this when you are by yourself.

ChromoTec 24

Your tentacles are fine? Are you secretly an octopus?

Alurius_moon88 4

tentacles? hmmm. what are you doing this weekend? ;P

Lobby_Bee 17

Just think of all the cat fishing you can do. The possibilities are endless!