Head in the Clouds

By Anon - 08/02/2017 05:00 - Australia

Today, my 33-year-old brother told my 10-year-old daughter that clouds are made by factories blowing smoke. My daughter laughed at him and he got upset. He still believed my dad's lie from 25 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 179
You deserved it 657

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of person would think that clouds are smoke?! They're clearly little bits of unflavored cotton candy.

mcruff 12

I definitely knew what made clouds by the time i was 8...

Comments

What kind of person would think that clouds are smoke?! They're clearly little bits of unflavored cotton candy.

Wow sounds like you shouldn't have him teaching your daughter anything about the real world if he believed that as an adult..!

mcruff 12

I definitely knew what made clouds by the time i was 8...

That's what happens when your head is in the clouds.

My grandpa tried to tell me when I was little that the factories produced steam not clouds and I sassily replied "grandpa, look outside, what do you see? CLOUDS. It's a cloud factory." They still bring it up so I definitely feel for him

Just be glad your daughter didn't inherit the dumb gene

That's a whole lot of scary. He's 33 and believed that? How does he function in the real world?

It's not that surprising, actually. When children are young, they expect their parents to know everything, and be honest about serious matters. The problem is that they sometimes can't tell when adults are joking, or messing with them, and take it to heart. If they never hear otherwise, or find reason to challenge that belief, it's not surprising for them to carry it well into adulthood.

alternative-facts 6

How do you know the grandfather was messing with the brother? Maybe HE didn't know what clouds are made of either. Which is pretty darn pathetic. Clouds are not that complicated--easier than explaining why the sky is blue.

Gaernem 17

Sounds a lot like the myth of Gods and religion. Jammed into kids when they're young and cannot tell any better.

alternative-facts 6

Do your brother a favor--introduce him to Google.

umm...if you made it past 6th grade you could identify certain cloud types and why they form...did he pass 2nd grade?

Why didn't he learn about the water cycle as a child?