By Mr. Brink - 09/03/2018 06:10 - Austria - Wilhelmsburg

Today, after installing a clapper in our bedroom, my wife and I had some rough sex and the lights went on and off. That's how we found out about her seizures. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 272
You deserved it 543

Top comments

Can those lights really turn on and off at such a high speed to trigger seizures?? I thought they had to be strobing to do that.

I think they are called orgasms. Way to go, Chief!

Comments

I think they are called orgasms. Way to go, Chief!

Can those lights really turn on and off at such a high speed to trigger seizures?? I thought they had to be strobing to do that.

It could be that the light was a certain colour, or that the *ahem* rough n' tumble was visually disorienting enough to tag team the clapper and create a strobe-like effect. I personally have not excluded the possibility that the Brinks have been spliced with hummingbird DNA. If wings can beat that fast, then...

Allie, with Epilepsy(i have lived with it for at least the last 18 years) any flashing lights could cause a seizure. whether it be slow or fast. really depends on the type of Epilepsy the person has(there are many different types with many different triggers) OP, Get her to a Neurologist ASAP and have her checked;CT, MRI,and most importantly a EEG test. having seizures and not getting them under control can cause damage to many parts of the brain causing memory loss, fine motor skills, muscle control and the worst possible outcome--SUDEP(Sudden Unexpected Death from Epilepsy) Be Well and I hope for the best for you and your wife.

nk87 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lobby_Bee 17

How lazy do you have to be to get a clapper for your lights?

I can assure you as a heavily pregnant woman, having this installed sounds amazing. Not always about laziness. Getting up is difficult and tiring.

Lobby_Bee 17

Where did it mention the wife was pregnant?

Kabuki 4

Nowhere she was talking about her personal reasons for having one

I’ve got them so I don’t have to navigate getting to my bed in the pitch black.

And the clapper finally reached Austrian households

Wait a minute? Sex can trigger those lights on and off?

any loud clap. including rough sex where bodies are slapping together, if it is loud enough for the machine to hear it will turn the lights on/off

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How soon would you figure out it was seizures?

at least you both found out! what if it happened somewhere where there was imminent danger?