By Dumped and pregnant - 01/05/2018 05:00

Today, my ex dumped me for his ex that cheated on him. Today, I also found out I am pregnant. When I told him he said, "I’m really happy for you. I hope it all works out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 715
You deserved it 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take him for as much child support as you can. He is just as responsible for this child as you are. Just because he doesn't have to physically carry this child in his womb for nine months does not mean that he should just let you bear all of the physical, emotional and financial weight of raising a baby. I would definitely be the bigger person here and have a discussion with him about what a loss it would be for him and to his unborn child if he did not foster a relationship with the child even if he does not want a relationship with you. Even if he still does not want a part in his child's life, remember he is not off the hook financially and you owe it to your child to have his father supporting him monetarily if not in any other way. Beat of luck to you, OP!

Then he’ll be “really happy” to write you a fat child support check every month for the next 18 years.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How about expecting him to take responsibility? Considering it implies the child is his. You can't just get someone pregnant, decide you don't wanna be with them, then go about your merry life.

Since when does he have to be with her to help take care of the child in some way? Or even take a little bit of responsibility?

If there's proof that the child is his, a judge would rule that he has to pay child support. Its his kid

He DID deny responsibility. Hopefully OP doesn’t let him get away with that. What a weasel.

Take him for as much child support as you can. He is just as responsible for this child as you are. Just because he doesn't have to physically carry this child in his womb for nine months does not mean that he should just let you bear all of the physical, emotional and financial weight of raising a baby. I would definitely be the bigger person here and have a discussion with him about what a loss it would be for him and to his unborn child if he did not foster a relationship with the child even if he does not want a relationship with you. Even if he still does not want a part in his child's life, remember he is not off the hook financially and you owe it to your child to have his father supporting him monetarily if not in any other way. Beat of luck to you, OP!

THIS THIS THIS. If you choose to keep the pregnancy/child, don't make ANY assumptions about him stepping up to bat. The one upside of this is that he's shown you he's a disinterested douchebag from the jump, so you already know you're going to have to drag him kicking and screaming into holding responsibility.

That really depends on if he signs over his rights as the father or not. If he wants any part of the child’s life then yes he will have to pay. If he sign’s over his rights as the father he is no longer responsible for any obligations to the child but he also has no rights to the child anymore if he ever changes his mind

A well-balanced advice. Very realistic. Sadly.

To be fair, it is a bad situation for you. However, what this guy needs to understand is that he'll still be responsible for child support. Make him very aware of that fact that even if he's not there for you, he's there for that son or daughter that he had a 50% hand in conceiving.

Then he’ll be “really happy” to write you a fat child support check every month for the next 18 years.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I agree with the "your body, your choice" bit, but for all you know they did use protection. It's never full-proof, no matter what kind you're using.

It was also HIS body and HIS choice, and if she decides to carry to term and keep the child, it's also HIS responsibility.

So let me get this straight, it's HIS responsibility if she decides to carry to full term, but it's none of his business/decision if she decides to abort? If he doesn't want anything to do with it, he shouldn't have to fork over money for 18 years, just like if she decides to abort, he shouldn't have any say so in the manner. If you guys are really pushing for "Her Body, Her choice" then lets apply it fully.

Donut_Wizard 23

This weeks FML was filmed in front of a live studio audience.

I think you should become a lesbian. Then steal his girl. He'll be reminded what an ass he is every other weekend when he comes to pick up the kid.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Woah- DO NOT follow the advice of people telling you to have the baby to financially **** him as revenge. Children are not tools to control others with- they are people! Your focus should NEVER be using your kids to make another's life a misery. You have to realistically assess whether or not you want this child, if this person is going to be a good parent to your child (or bother to be a part of their life), if you will be able to give your all to a child that came from him, whether or not you can afford to support a child alone and if you understand the weight of the responsibility of having a child then base your next decisions on the honest answers because if you bring that child into the world, it can't be about just you and your feelings anymore.

No one said she should have the baby in order to get money. They're saying that if she has the baby, she's entitled to the money from the father.