By Derek - 05/08/2018 01:30

Today, I found out that my kids are both my half-brothers, and the fertility tests my wife had us do a few years ago showed that I'm sterile. She didn't tell me until I found the test results in her desk and asked her about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 015
You deserved it 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know what method your wife used to get your dad to impregnate her, though I'd guess they did it the biblical way, but keeping the truth from you is unforgivable. Are you prepared to maintain your marriage, and continue raising your half-brothers as your sons? And how are you going to keep your relationship with your dad together, now that you know he knocked up your wife?

This needs a follow-up. I read it that his father impregnated her, didn’t even consider that a half brother “donating” might’ve been a possibility. Amazing what a little punctuation mark can do (or not do).

Comments

I don't know what method your wife used to get your dad to impregnate her, though I'd guess they did it the biblical way, but keeping the truth from you is unforgivable. Are you prepared to maintain your marriage, and continue raising your half-brothers as your sons? And how are you going to keep your relationship with your dad together, now that you know he knocked up your wife?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You may be right. I'd really like to know if/how this was resolved. Does OP still want to raise the kids as his own, or was his wife's betrayal too big to forgive, and he's moved on?

islemstring 8

I made a account just so I can tell you how dumb you are you are trying to be smart by “correcting punctuation” but can’t read three simple sentences and understand it

ohsnapword 21

Either way, someone other than her husband impregnated her without his knowledge. No matter how you try to put it, it still sucks.

You say punctuation is key, but the way you read it is not the way the punctuation makes it.

blondie45 21

Nope. If they were his brother’s children then there would be an apostrophe. The way it’s written, the father of the children is OP’s own father which makes the children his half-brothers!

They aren't his half brother's, they're his half brothers i.e. his father's. The lack of apostrophe making the word possessive clearly indicates the latter is the case here

You read half-brother's, I read half-brothers. Either way, that thing sounds like either a blessing in disguise (OP does like his children, I hope) or an episode of an old trashy Italian movie ("La Famiglia") where the guy, his bros and his dad helped conceive those children which are left in a cage while the eldest daughters go to work either as a maid or as a **** star.

Zekfen 17

And they say you only have to support your child until they are 18. Go get child support from your father and it will be like you are living at home again! Talk about keeping it in the family!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What’s with all the downvotes? Y’all are hoes.

No. His wife is his wife, she just had sex with his dad.

This needs a follow-up. I read it that his father impregnated her, didn’t even consider that a half brother “donating” might’ve been a possibility. Amazing what a little punctuation mark can do (or not do).

If your dad pays for their college, you might be able to forgive him for ******* your wife — many, many times.

That is gonna be one hell of an interesting family reunion.

So... Family Court? I mean you can sue your father or half-brother (whoever the baby daddy is) for emotional distress, divorce your wife for being a lying and cheating *****, sue her for false pretenses of raising those children, and make this a drama mini-series for the family to enjoy. It’ll be big, and you’ll be rich beyond your wildest dreams

live_to_love 25

Maybe rich but probably sad. But I agree better rich and sad than poor and miserable. Hope everything is going to be alright OP !