By Brokeandangry - 06/08/2018 21:13

Today, I bought my kids new mattresses for their new beds. Within 24 hours my son did a cannon ball onto his sister's bed to prove that it wouldn't break. The box spring snapped in half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 734
You deserved it 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bidet 8

easy fix - swap the two beds. He broke it, he can sleep on it. Maybe after a week or so, you can fix with plywood like someone suggested.

Easily fixed with plywood and screws, you don’t actually need a box spring. They more have to do with settings no the height of the bed or the way the bed and mattress support is constructed.

Comments

Easily fixed with plywood and screws, you don’t actually need a box spring. They more have to do with settings no the height of the bed or the way the bed and mattress support is constructed.

bidet 8

easy fix - swap the two beds. He broke it, he can sleep on it. Maybe after a week or so, you can fix with plywood like someone suggested.

Is he a giant? I'm 185 pounds and I've jumped on a box spring before without it breaking.

There probably twin size bed much thinner box spring,my 60lb. kid has broke hers before.

He’s a smart scientist. He had the wisdom to perform the experiment on his sister’s bed. Clever!

Well put his mattress on the floor can't break it then.

pool float pads are on clearance now.

I’m a heavy man and I’ve dropped my full weight into my bed and never caused such destruction. Either the bed is less than okay made or you need to congratulate him on perfecting a cannonball technique resembling actual cannonballs. As others have said it should be relatively easy to fix the box spring decent enough.

adelaine782002 17

why the hell did I read new batteries instead of new mattresses 🤔🤣

How old is your son? If he's old enough for a "big boy" bed, he should know better.

Not necessarily; in my family, we each got our "big kid" beds when we were about three. Of course, a three-year-old is less likely to be able to generate enough force to break a box spring.

Is it under warranty? Is there a disclaimer saying that it will withstand idiotic cannonballs? If so, get in on that!