By Anonymous - 20/12/2010 09:27 - Sweden

Today, my family is going to the USA for Christmas after being lucky and getting their tickets re-booked. My ticket was canceled due to the snow, and will not be re-booked. Merry Christmas to me, myself and a bottle of wine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 128
You deserved it 2 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, as an American, take it from me - you aren't missing much...

lovestrong 0

Ahh, ain't that a downer. Oh well, make the best of it? :)

Comments

lovestrong 0

Ahh, ain't that a downer. Oh well, make the best of it? :)

avenged7fold6661 0

^agreed. My whole family went to Chicago last Christmas without me because I had to work. Just make the most out of the situation and you'll be alright.

Sounds ******* awesome to be honest. I'd take your place OP.

doctor_itsmylife 3

Believe me, you got nothing to worry about. If they do that, it means they don't deserve you. Also, I can see you are from Sweden. I went there this summer and I would never leave that country for USA.

Sweden in the summer is a very different place than Sweden in the winter. When you were there, it was warm and sunny most of the day. Now it's cold, snowy, and dark most of the time. If OP lives far enough north I'm pretty sure its 24 hours darkness there right now.

31, you're from Romania... of course you think that, you're from a 3rd world country. you've probably never been here. all this luxury would make you feel inferior. it makes sense to me, poor guy.

maximumlove 0

Yeah you're right #1. Merry Christmas to you, a bottle of wine, and a ***** OP :)

#44 you need to go mch further north to get 24 hour darkness than where op's from :P

Op that's sucks! Jag alskar dig (I think) Op you should ride there on a flying monkey, they're very reliable. (:

Well I love you both (: Tack, kärlek, but I'll have to stick with English.. My knowledge of Swedish is very limited.

Haha I had to look up the spelling on that last one :P My moms Danish so I know I tiny bit of that and even less in Swedish (:

Ja, inte så ofta man ser en fml från sverige ^_^

#102 Nä absolut inte, blev faktiskt väldigt överraskad när jag såg att det stog Sweden. Haha , det händer inte så ofta. :)

look on the bright side, at least it will be quiet and peaceful

OP, as an American, take it from me - you aren't missing much...

WHAAAAAT?! this is my opinion (kind of a fact, too). USA is the best country in the world, I've traveled to various other countries and I currently live in spain and I don't see why so much want to visit Europe, I would give anything to be able to go back! but that's just me :3

Ninjafriends 1

25 - You'd give anything to go back because that's where your family and memories are I'd wager? Everyone always misses where they spent the most time and had the most happy memories. People like traveling because they get to experience a new culture and explore a new place. I went to Japan a few years ago and I want to live there, that's how much I love it lol. OP, I understand you wanted to visit a new place. Sorry it didn't happen.

Solveig22 0

Let's not try telling eachother which country is better. You can't judge ALL of Europe based on a few countries. I didn't like the US, But that doesn't mean it's not a good place.

spanelli 16

Exactly. There are awesome places everywhere, but other places are pretty shitty. It doesn't make the whole country, continent, world for that matter, lame. :)

It really depends on where you go #10

haitilover 0

awhh get together with froends

GotALife 11

I feel for you dude. F Your Life

oh well family holiday times are over rated! seriously use Skype... have them put it on there and place the screen at the spot u would've sat at and then u can participate and it will be the next beat thing to being there in the flesh! We have done that many times when my husband had been overseas....we carry the lap top around and he gets to see and talk to everyone!