By right date wrong guy - 14/10/2018 15:30 - Norway - Oslo

Today, I met a really sweet cute guy on a dinner date. Too bad he was the waiter instead of my date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 966
You deserved it 450

Top comments

So what? Go back after your date, and see if the waiter is single, and interested.

Did you exchange phone numbers then or later (on solitary return trip)?

Comments

Did you exchange phone numbers then or later (on solitary return trip)?

So what? Go back after your date, and see if the waiter is single, and interested.

Waiters do work for tips. Sweetness is not necessarily a personality trait — it’s a business strategy.

Since this is outside the US, I should point out that not all countries tip.

You are correct. From what I’ve heard, tipping policies vary from restaurant to restaurant.

Just the top, just to see how it feels

True, but it's from Norway, and a quick search says that Norwegians do tip in restaurants and bars unless dissatisfied. Even in a culture with no tipping at all, someone in a service job is still expected to be nice to customers. It can be awkward when the customer is hitting on you. This has never happened to me, but I expect I'd find it both awkward and sad if a customer started hitting on me while on a date with someone else. I hope the OP didn't say/do anything to hurt the date's feelings.

darkenedone 27

Of the two men in the room she interacting with, she's on a date with the ugly, nasty one. Maybe not **** my entire life, but definitely **** my evening.

You shouldn't have left halfway through the busiest shift to go on a date

Matthew Irmen 11

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... i'm sure your date was happy

donthatemebut 14

Flip the genders and this would piss off a bunch of feminists.

Yep too bad he’s not a billionaire. We should all feel sorry for you