By iAmPaul - 11/09/2014 19:16 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I entered the lecture hall where my class takes place. I sat in the front row as usual, but I noticed that none of the other students looked familiar. I quickly realised that I was in the wrong class after a different professor showed up and told me to get out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 691
You deserved it 7 960

iAmPaul tells us more.

iAmPaul 49

Hey everyone, Here's a bit more info: It's only the second week of classes, and I don't have my schedule completely memorized yet. I thought my class was at 1 PM, but I realised it was at 2:30 PM. I thought the crowd of students outside the class was pretty different from last week's (my class is a computer class - comprised of mostly males); there were mostly females there. Went in the class with everyone, sat down, waited for the prof to show up. Instead, the prof for the actual class that was happening showed up and she put up the PowerPoint for some sort of psychology class. She looked at me and told me that I'd better get out before it gets too embarrassing. I quickly and nervously packed up my things and rushed back out of the class while feverishly checking my watch and feeling the stares of 150+ students. Rookie mistake, especially for a third-year student like myself. >_

Top comments

Too easy, detonate yourself in a blaze of glory. You might die, but as they say in street fighter, your soul still burns.

Comments

Too easy, detonate yourself in a blaze of glory. You might die, but as they say in street fighter, your soul still burns.

a blaze of glory for being in the wrong class?

iAmPaul 49

Lucky I'm not a ginger like my sister. At least I have a soul to burn. >:)

This is why I wear a Star Treck officer uniform. So if I'm ever in a situation like this, I can stand up and say: "Tree to Enterprise, come in. You beamed me to the wrong location. I'm going to attempt to travel by foot to the intended location, stand by!" And then I would proceed to run out of the room.

cryssycakesx3 22

I could picture you in one of those tree/bush disguises, tiptoeing out. what with you being a tree and all.

iAmPaul 49

It's all in good fun #25. ;) I playfully tease my sister about it on occasion.

The bush/tree disguise used to be the disguise of choice, and then 3 things happened... 1: drunk people would scream your a fraud! And light me on fire. 2: Tree huggers made me really uncomfortable and in some odd cases, violated. 3: I began watching Star Treck. It's a lot like seeing Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy in a Star Treck officers uniform.

I'd imagine drunk people pissing on you would also be an issue. Unless, you're into that kind of thing..

I won't ever turn down a good watering. So no, it's not an issue. Oh, and sorry about earlier spelling errors I just now noticed.

YDI for not looking at the sign before you went in.

Not all classes have signs out front to say what they are

#2, At my university professors share certain lecture rooms for larger classes. Op may just have gone at the wrong time.

Well that sucks... Hopefully he wasn't mad?

mrwilsong 6

Happens to is all , happened to me today I mixed up 4th and 5th period.

When I moved to a new school, I didn't necessarily go at the wrong time, just the wrong floor. 1st and 2nd floors were set up the same..

I hate the feeling you get when that happens. But don't be too embarrassed - we've all done it at one point or another!

That feeling when you walk into a lecture and recognise no one. Worst!

No, having to poop and no bathroom to be found- worst ever.

no having to pee but waiting in long line to the bathroom...

no, pooping then realising there is no toilette paper - worst ever

Having to poop but then realising your ass is sewn shut.

If he just told you to get out he is an asshole

Im surprised that he knew the students.

Oh I hate that! or when your lecture is moved to a different room and you walk to your normal class out of habit, only to realize that you have to walk across campus to get to the correct room... can't tell you how much that has happened to me o.O I'm oblivious sometimes...

Accidents happen I guarantee you're not the only person who has done that.