This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 28/06/2016 04:25 - Malaysia - Ipoh

Today, as a dentist, I was performing simple tooth extraction when I realized that the X-ray was flipped the wrong way the whole time. I had to lie to the patient that the tooth that I accidently extracted needed to go as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 894
You deserved it 20 341

Top comments

Moron, tell the patient what you did and if you get sued then it's your fault and just accept it. People pay for that shit, they deserve a refund and your screwed them over.

Wizardo 33

You have to be drilled into, you're a professional so you should have spotted the mistake beforehand. YDI.

Comments

michaelaranda 28

How is this fyl? **** the patients life, who lost a tooth because of the carelessness of OP. Mistakes happen, but you have to accept responsibility. Op is an adult and should act like it.

Wizardo 33

You have to be drilled into, you're a professional so you should have spotted the mistake beforehand. YDI.

As much as I wanna say FYL, you're meant to be a professional. Professionals screw up and that's okay, but honesty would have been the less costly option. It might have cost you your job or worse had you told the truth, but a lie like that can get found out easily. Clearly.

WatchDoge28 4

And it cost the patient a few hundred dollars, don't forget that.

noone can say this was not your mistake. but still i feed bad for you.

Moron, tell the patient what you did and if you get sued then it's your fault and just accept it. People pay for that shit, they deserve a refund and your screwed them over.

Well hopefully they don't come after you for malpractice, you lied to your patient because you made a mistake. Own your mistakes and be a decent human being.

Good thing OP is not a surgeon. It would be difficult to lie to patients the other leg had to be amputated as well.

catanita 18

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Discount?? He needs to get a FREE replacement tooth.

fpants2010 18

Maybe it's just me, but I would know what condition my own teeth are in; therefore, I'd know you were lying. That, or they could just request to see their x-ray and it would be obvious the extraction was unneccesary.

I'm really not sure how anyone could think that OP didn't deserve this.