By revenueempire - 09/12/2016 21:48

Today, a client says his new website design isn't what he expected at all and wants a full refund or else he will sue me in court. The design is exactly what he picked out when I presented the mock-ups. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 303
You deserved it 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

He's just trying to get something for nothing. Tell him you will comply, with of course the elimination of all the work you did on the site and he'll back down faster than you can say"scam artist".

dubby21 19

Sue his ass right back for being a moron and wasting your time!

Comments

dubby21 19

Sue his ass right back for being a moron and wasting your time!

Present the court with this information, s/he can't sue you for that.

friedpwnadge 25

He's just trying to get something for nothing. Tell him you will comply, with of course the elimination of all the work you did on the site and he'll back down faster than you can say"scam artist".

That's a heavy-handed way to get a discount. Didn't you read "The Art of the Deal?"

There will always be that person who will do anything to get everything for free.

Working with idiotic people in the making

I do hope you had him sign a contract. A lesson my small web design business learned the hard way.

And sign the approved layouts. Sadly, you have to watch yourself with some people. Sounds like the client got buyers remorse and thinks they can bully themselves out of it.

What are some of your prices. Have a small business and was needing a website.

Since he is prosecuting you I'm pretty sure he is the one who has to present the solid proof he didn't approve that design.

Good thing you took the money in advance...you just can't please some people!