WHAT?

By Nohearingornoeating - 17/05/2018 15:00

Today, my brand-new digital hearing aid fell out of my ear as I was walking home from the store. I've retraced my steps, but cannot find it anywhere. It cost $2000, and replacement, like the hearing aid itself, is not covered by insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 161
You deserved it 394

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you schedule the hearing aid on your homeowners insurance, like you would for any valuables in your home, your homeowners insurance will reimburse you up to the declared value for a replacement. Doesn't really help you now, but in the future you will definitely want to do that.

The person who fitted the aid should have some culpability here, too.

Comments

If you schedule the hearing aid on your homeowners insurance, like you would for any valuables in your home, your homeowners insurance will reimburse you up to the declared value for a replacement. Doesn't really help you now, but in the future you will definitely want to do that.

Zekfen 17

That is awesome! I work in insurance and had never heard of this being done! Guess it would fall in the “other” schedule category. Brilliant!

The person who fitted the aid should have some culpability here, too.

Agree with Jerilynn, sounds like it was badly fitted. OP wasn't playing rugby or skydiving, just walking. If hearing aids all fell out that easily, nobody'd bother buying them. It MUST have been loose, no?

tarabella 7

can you hear me n- oh wait, nvm

Donut_Wizard 23

I’m sorry, you’ll have to speak up. I can’t hear you without my glasses.

On the bright side, at least you have an excuse not to participate in this Laurel/Yanny bullshit!

It’s laurel lol I only heard that yanny crap when they made it a lower pitch.

I hear a man with a sort of deep voice say Laurel, but my daughter hears a woman who sounds like Siri saying Yanny.

Lobby_Bee 17

If I'm wearing something two grand in my ear, I would get a hoop ear ring and tie that thing on.

I wear aids too. Born with 50% bilateral hearing loss. I feel your pain about insurance not covering the cost of aids. I had to pay out of pocket for my set to the tune of $5600. I had to wait 8 years before I could buy them. I’d suggest a go fund me to try to raise the money. It’s a good reason to help out and I’m sure plenty of people would be willing to chip in a little bit of money.

Is it new? Why would it fall out? It's meant to be molded to the shape of your ear canal to avoid exactly this problem. IMO, the company who made it should have to replace it, since they never did their job right.

How did it fall out? Did they give you the wrong size? And it makes me so mad that things like that aren't covered by insurance. It's not like people want to need them.