TOO SOON

By tipsyone - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - Sweden - Malmö

Today, at work, my crazy Christmas enthusiast colleague started decorating her office. I had to listen to Christmas songs for hours, but when I complained to others, they said I was just a mood-killer. I’m the only one whose office is close to hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 597
You deserved it 974

tipsyone tells us more.

OP here: this is not the first time she’s done this! I’ve talked about this two years ago and how I find it incredibly boring to listen to the same songs three months!! Of course the others don’t mind since they’re afraid of conflicts plus I’m the one with the office very close to hers!

Top comments

At least you can go home at the end of the day and have a silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright.

Come on. There's only one rational and adult way to remedy the situation. Escalate. Maybe you find that premature Christmas carols gives you a sudden hankering for really loud rap music? Something to consider, no?

Comments

Complain to her, then. At least ask if she can turn it down to a level that doesn't bug you.

But if you do talk to her, you have to be as passive-aggressive and condescending as possible.

At least you can go home at the end of the day and have a silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright.

exileonmainst 16

”What can I do? I’ve tried everything except talking to her and ask if she could lower the volume.” ”...” ”Why are you just staring at me? Help me!”

Come on. There's only one rational and adult way to remedy the situation. Escalate. Maybe you find that premature Christmas carols gives you a sudden hankering for really loud rap music? Something to consider, no?

Lobby_Bee 17

That's when you start playing death metal music to drown out the Christmas stuff.

Battle back with your own Christmas music. Play “Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer” on an endless loop, and management will be forced to tightly regulate the playing of Christmas music.

Or Twisted Christmas by the Bob Rivers group. They have parodies of all sorts of Christmas songs--like "The Twelve Pains of Christmas."

I like "The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al myself.

This brainstorming is great! Surely, we can give the OP a playlist that can get Christmas music restricted to a reasonable time frame.

I recommend Santa is a Fat B**** and Red Christmas if you want to get the really bad stuff in it.

coius 23

Right before you take a two hour lunch and call in sick the rest of the day with the device playing music locked in the “on” position with no volume control.

I like “Christmas at Ground Zero” personally. It’s unassuming and you really have to listen to hear the crazy in it. If you’re not paying attention you’ll thing it’s a normal Christmas song. I’ve slipped it at family gatherings for years without being noticed.

Donut_Wizard 23

Just be glad that you don't work in retail.

I work on the weekends at a grocery store--you can bet what I get to hear when the holidays get closer... One time,"I Won't be Home For Christmas" by Blink 182 somehow got into the mix--it was awesome.

Have you complained to your colleague? Maybe asked her to turn her music down? If you have, and she refused, well, fight fire with fire.

Warm her spirit up.......with a flamethrower.