By forgottendaughter - 17/01/2010 14:41 - South Africa

Today, my father asked me to never contact him again. The reason? His "new" family doesn't know I exist and explaining that he has a 28 year-old daughter to his wife and his other children would be "awkward". I have siblings that I will never meet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 893
You deserved it 2 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that he can't contact you either because it would be awkward explaining to your new dad.

Comments

Agreed, show up at the front door at his "new" family and introduce yourself.

gz_fml 0

I totally agree you should do a house visit. How dare he. Just because he is a terrible father does not meet that you cannot have a good relationship with your new siblings

gz_fml 0

I totally agree you should do a house visit. How dare he. Just because he is a terrible father does not meet that you cannot have a good relationship with your new siblings

FYL.. I have 2 older step-brothers and 2 older step-sisters.. They are the maddest and I grew up with them.. You should be able to do the same..

You should so destroy his life. Get acquainted with his wife, meet his kids etc. slowly **** his life up!

SURPRISE, and this time I didn't bring cake! (I was lying)

lilmisslovely13 15

I agree, I was gonna say make a surprise visit!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
daydreamstar 7

*headdesk* im sorry. go meet them anyway. family is family.

And asshole parents are asshole parents. Still family, though.

Tell him that he can't contact you either because it would be awkward explaining to your new dad.

guitarbass95 0

show up unannounced. he doesnt deserve to have a nice family if he abandons the previous one

GammaPaladin 0

I agree with #5, with the addendum that since the poster is apparently female, she should show up unannounced when he's with the family, and squeal and give him a big hug and kiss in front of new wife, then run off without explaining ;)

alexandriab 0

my dad did the same thing to me when I was 15 it sucked. I know how you feel

Soybean254 0

That sucks tell your dad you secretly have 3 husbands and 12 kids see how he responds lol

Better yet. Tell him, you are sorry to hear that and wish him well. Tell him you would have liked to share your lottery winnings with him and his family. Have him introduce you to his new family, ensuring he states you are his daughter, then have a lovely day. When he asks about the "winnings", state that since he didn't want to acknowledge you to his new family that you donated it to (some charity he hates). Or just mention how sad it is that you have to lie to your dad in order to spend time with him (in front of new family)

secretly befriend your new siblings and get invited over for dinner.

This is what I was going to suggest. "Honey, we have company for dinner tonight, please don't be late." "Oh, okay babe. Who's coming over?" "Her name is OP, she's such a nice person. I'm sure you'll like her. Honey? You there? Hellloooooo?"

that happened to me when I was ten. result? I got a twin brother.

Invierno 10

I think she means that he was the same age as her. She'd had a brother all along and not known it. Different mother, of course. Ouch. That ******* sucks. Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.