By donguigeek - 24/12/2015 04:32 - France

Today, my 4-year-old son is distraught. This morning we saw a man, dressed as Santa, passed out drunk on a public bench. My son is now convinced that it was his corpse, and that Santa Claus is dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 894
You deserved it 81

Top comments

Did you try explaining that Santa is just really tired from preparing all the presents?

It's a lot of pressure being Santa... Delivering billions of presents all in one night... Hell, I'd be an alcoholic, too! No wonder he eats so many cookies, he has to soak up all the alcohol! But in all seriousness, I hope your child isn't scarred for the rest of their childhood, OP.

Comments

Did you try explaining that Santa is just really tired from preparing all the presents?

Don't worry, there's still the armadillo that will teach your son about Hanukkah.

LittleRed79 39

And don't forget about Superman!

Monica :"Can you keep the Santa suit for one night" Chandler: "even santa?" Monica: "yes" Chandler: "depends, did your dad ever dress up as Santa?"

Mathalamus 24

aww. poor kid :( tell him Santa is taking a nap. its hard work having to listen and remember all the gifts the little ones want. :)

:( tell him that was Santas brother ;) XD idk anymore

When you only work one day a year, theres plenty of time for boozing.

It's a lot of pressure being Santa... Delivering billions of presents all in one night... Hell, I'd be an alcoholic, too! No wonder he eats so many cookies, he has to soak up all the alcohol! But in all seriousness, I hope your child isn't scarred for the rest of their childhood, OP.

"Those damn Santa impersonators! They're even worse than Elvis impersonators!"

perfect teaching moment..... that's when you tell your kid, drinking and driving (or flying a sleigh) aren't good things to mix

Mayybeee it's time you stop lying to your child? ha just my opinion..

darksaber522 12

he's four years old. OP should wait a few more years before crushing that splendid fantasy.

fpants2010 18

I agree, #12. Insisting in having children believe in and fear a entity that you know doesn't exist instead of working hard yourself to get the kids to behave. Sheesh. But merry Christmas.

Nope. My sarcasm is more like "yes, lying to your kids for years for the purpose of manipulation is setting them up for success!"

countryb_cth 38

Really? Come on the kid is 4 years old. You're only young once. It's not even lying it's called imagination. Plus kids get so excited about Santa and since their only kids once why not let them believe. My parents and all of my friends parents did the whole Santa thing and we turned out just fine. We also don't think our parents manipulated and lied to us. Their kids for heavens sake calm down and take your "lying about Santa" is wrong crap out of here.