By Mel - 05/10/2015 04:21 - France - Toulouse

Today, I went to a group gym lesson. While working on our abs, the coach came through, touching our stomachs to check we were doing the exercises correctly. When he got to me, he asked, "How many kids have you got then?" I'm 22, and I've got none. FML
I agree, your life sucks 548
You deserved it 59

Top comments

Work those abs till they ask how many crunches you can do before your awesomeness makes the world explode!

She could be asking because labor uses muscles, and yours might feel like they've been used, a lot. Or be worried that you are pregnant and not want to risk someone having complications from exercising, which can and does happen since pregnancy runs right up against the metabolic limits of humans.

Comments

that sucks op, but that should be motivation for you so that it doesnt happen again!

I mean, that was kinda mean of her. Someone shouldn't just assume like that.

cynthianicole95 9

When I worked at Pathmark I had a woman ask if I'm pregnant; so I said no and she freaked out and was apologizing profusely, and tried to say she has a belly too and it completely ruined my day. Had my best friend's Aunt also say something about my stomach. Ruined my day then, too. I'm 20 years old, 138 pounds and I carry any weight I have well; there's lways going to be rude people.

how can that even be a situation, I find that hard to believe. I'm 135Lbs and look like I need to eat a sandwich

Weight distribution due to body type and hormone levels, as well as other factors such as genetics. People with ancestors from different regions store fat primarily in different regions, with some storing it largely on the abdomen. (Note: I am not saying the above poster is fat, I use the term to mean the way that excess calories are stored. Everyone carries some fat, human biology works that way.)

countryb_cth 38

Plus height makes a huge difference. Two people can both weigh the exact same but the taller of the two will look thinner due to weight distribution.

Work those abs till they ask how many crunches you can do before your awesomeness makes the world explode!

Don't worry OP, they might think they're seeing abdominal separation, a very common occurrence in mothers, requires specialist core exercises.

steam_engenius 21

Yeah, also occurs in people who have been very overweight and lost.

Might just be one of her ways to motivate you OP. Coaches can be ruthless. Good luck!

I hate when people make assumptions! At least you're exercising and working those abs :)

Why would she need to touch you to see if you do it properly? Don't forget that the most important part to get a nice and flat stomach is a proper diet.

I don't know why you're getting thumbs down, #9. You're absolutely right. Physique is 80% diet and only 20% exercise.

She could be asking because labor uses muscles, and yours might feel like they've been used, a lot. Or be worried that you are pregnant and not want to risk someone having complications from exercising, which can and does happen since pregnancy runs right up against the metabolic limits of humans.

How long have you been working with the coach? That will probably way out my vote better