By paid to scoop ice cream not nana-sit - 17/06/2016 03:13 - United States - Fall River

Today, I was working when my boss left briefly, leaving me with her elderly, senile mother. Not only did I have to chase her when she ran after a stranger on the road, I turned my back for 5 seconds to do my actual job and she walked off. When my boss returned, I had to tell her I lost her mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 043
You deserved it 1 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to get her one of those kid leashes and just tie it to something so she doesn't wonder off. Sorry about the misfortune OP :P

That sucks OP. I hope your boss was understanding and that you did eventually find her. Old people can go bonkers. Best of luck!

Comments

You need to get her one of those kid leashes and just tie it to something so she doesn't wonder off. Sorry about the misfortune OP :P

I was thinking the same thing! Though I wonder if those harnesses for bigger dogs will fit an adult human?

That sucks OP. I hope your boss was understanding and that you did eventually find her. Old people can go bonkers. Best of luck!

amelitaliz 22

Well, put this down and go help find her!

I doubt the OP had the option of telling her boss that she "wasn't up for the task". So stop being a judgemental asshole and assuming that the OP has dealt with an elderly senile person before. It sounds like it was an honest mistake. So maybe you shouldn't have kids if you can't be a decent non judgemental person :) (this is in response to what this person had previously commented before they changed their comment)

Well what was the comment before it was changed?

amelitaliz 22

Isn't that what I did by changing the comment? *Not* being a judgmental asshole?? Don't you think if I felt my comment had been fair and appropriate, I would have left it as is? About that not judging thing you're preaching... As you're judging... Lol. Good times. At least I had a change of heart within the sixty seconds or whatever timeframe it is. You chose to be nasty and decided it was good enough to keep... Best wishes to you and OP.

Did your boss actually expect you to do your job and watch her elderly mother (something you should not have been tasked with) at the same time?

Feels like a lose-lose situation to me. If you don't watch her mom then you get bitched out, on the other hand you'll also get flamed for not doing your real job

Flamed? Is that slang for fired or just what it's called elsewhere?

It's just another term for being bitched at, although it's more common over the use of Internet. Kind of like being attacked verbally for saying something disagreeable

What I want to know is why your boss is brining their senile old mother to their business and then leaving her under the watch of employees who have no responsibility over her.

You didn't sign up to look after the bitch. It's his own fault. He knew she was senile.

And do you call your mother a bitch, as well ....?

It's not your fault, he shpuld have known something could happen.

hilamonster06 21

You should have told your boss that you dropped her off at the nearest rest home so that the people who's job it actually is the take care of the elderly could have looked after her. If that pissed off your boss then quit, I'm sure you are over qualified for that job anyway.