By Sleepmonster - 11/05/2018 03:00 - Australia - Saint Kilda

Today, I tried contacting my doctor about the “side effect free" medication and diet he'd prescribed for my health issues. I've been sleeping 14 hours a night with naps in between since starting it. I have a full time course load plus work and I can't stay awake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 788
You deserved it 259

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

That IS your diet. Sleep so much you can't even eat.

ChromoTec 24

I'd say caffeine is the answer, but in this case it might mess your sleep schedule up even more. Best of luck, and I would definitely talk over this with your doctor.

Comments

Before you ditch the sleeping pills, ask a friendly barista to prepare you a pot of coffee and try contacting your doctor again. Have the barista wake you up if you fall asleep on the phone. When the doctor answers, ask him or her for a referral to a nutritionnist as well.

thatslifeiguess7 16

What meds? they some times give out ADHD drugs AKA Speed which if you don't have that can make you tired

julfunky 29

You are more likely to be energized by adderall than put to sleep by it if you don’t have ADHD, hence the reason why many college people like to abuse it. Many people who DO have ADHD are put to sleep by it because of the fact that it calms them down. However, both are possible SIDE-EFFECTS whether you have ADHD or not. So obviously, because of the blatant side-effects, this is not the medication they were referring to anyway.

If a medicine and diet is making it like that for you, you STOP taking the medication and go back to regular eating. You do that until you get info from your doctor. Why would you continuously suffer when you don't know what's going on? You can always stop taking meds if it's ******* you up worse!

Oh man. Can you do a follow up and say what it is you’re doing and taking to sleep so much? I have severe insomnia and even with sedatives I still don’t get enough sleep so I would love to know what he’s prescribed and how you’re getting so much!