By Now I'm Broke - 22/11/2017 15:00

Today, I took my $2,000 drone out and shot some beautiful footage of an old dam. I hid it behind a rock to explore the area further without carrying it, but when I came back it was gone. I was splitting the payments with my uncle. I work a minimum wage job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 656
You deserved it 7 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the hell hides their expensive gear behind a rock? Couldn't you have locked it in your car at least? If you didn't have one, you should have just come back later. There's really no excuse for this, you were asking for your shit to get stolen.

Lobby_Bee 17

You definitely deserve this one. If you can't afford to buy it, you can't afford to not look after it. It's not just your half, it is also your uncles half you got with you.

Comments

Who the hell hides their expensive gear behind a rock? Couldn't you have locked it in your car at least? If you didn't have one, you should have just come back later. There's really no excuse for this, you were asking for your shit to get stolen.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
exileonmainst 16

God dam it, you beat me to the pun!

I had to be quick. Otherwise, the dam would have burst with the dam puns!

exileonmainst 16

At which point Charlton Heston would have screamed ”You maniacs, you blew it up! Ah god dam you! God dam you all to hell!”

But then Clark Gable would come in and say, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a dam."

exileonmainst 16

And then Christopher Lloyd paraphrase himself and say ”Dam, I’m running out of dam jokes. Dam.. Dam! Dam!”

exileonmainst 16

God dam it, why can’t you edit your ******* comments?!

Why would you need to carry it? Just have it hover overhead & follow you around like a puppy dog, problem solved.

Battery life of drones is not so great most of the times. He probably wanted to save as much battery as possible for the last flight

Lobby_Bee 17

You definitely deserve this one. If you can't afford to buy it, you can't afford to not look after it. It's not just your half, it is also your uncles half you got with you.

TeachAllTheMath 19

I’m sorry this happened, but I’m sure in the future you’ll be more careful with such expensive equipment.

The world is gonna roll you. You ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

What did you expect? That someone would find a 2000$ drone and just leave it

tori210 15

$2000, are you serious? Why the HELL would anyone leave that kind of equipment hanging around? Would you leave your laptop or phone on the ground? Your best bet is smashing your car window and saying someone stole your shit. YDI

ViviMage 38

That does the GPS tracker app tell you? You do have a GPS built in, or attached one, right?

Why did you buy something that's absolutely unnecessary if you can't afford it?

97mailo 17

Maybe he’s a photographer, and he wanted aerial shots. He couldn’t afford it so he asked his uncle to invest in him. I don’t think it’s useless.

97mailo 17