By Hunter Ferguson - 31/07/2018 13:00 - United States - Fort Washington

Today, I got grounded for 2 weeks for slapping my brother after he threw a baseball at my head and hit my shin with a bat. He’s in 9th grade and I'm in 8th. He got ice cream to "cheer him up". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 803
You deserved it 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zekfen 17

Next time hit him in the head with a bat and throw a baseball at his shin. Then start crying about how sad it made you to have to do that.

And today’s stupid parenting lesson is to give in to the one that cried the loudest. It teaches a life of learned helplessness....

Comments

Zekfen 17

Next time hit him in the head with a bat and throw a baseball at his shin. Then start crying about how sad it made you to have to do that.

Which of you shmucks thinks he deserved punishment?!

And today’s stupid parenting lesson is to give in to the one that cried the loudest. It teaches a life of learned helplessness....

Can we say, coddled much? So sorry, OP. Your lil bro sounds like a dick. Get revenge, ASAP. Remember this for when you both are adults, then tell any of his friends or girlfriends what he did when you guys were young teens.

Your parents need to console him for his poor ball control. If you took the beanball, your brother would be ok and you’d get ice cream.

Is your brother the "collector " of lunch money for the school bully?

I've heard of favoritism, but this is absurd. Somehow I get the feeling that OP's brother has some form of mental health issue, and mommy dearest in all her wisdom, uses it as an excuse for him to do as he pleases. And no, this is not me digging at those with mental problems as the mental is just as valid as the physical -- it's a dig at people's reactions to it being on either extreme, whether it's on the abusive end treating them as an abomination, or the opposite end where they are not held accountable for anything. ...but I could be wrong and it could just be simple favoritism, rendering everything past the first sentence moot.

Gamessence 19

Lmao the latter is my problem. My brother is autistic and my mother treats him like hes helpless. To the point where hes an incel that stalks women and will use autism as an excuse for any trouble he causes. I.E Him throwing a controller and my dad demanded to know why he did it. "Uh dad you realize Im autistic right?" Then my dad proceeded to get the belt.

404wan 19

If your brother is functional enough to form and speak phrases like "uhhh you know im autistic, right?" thats such intense bullshit and he should and can be held accountable for his actions.

Well revenge is a dish best served cold lol

SAVAGEBITCH500K 4

Its not your life that sucks... Its your family... Hope youre okey😂

When parents have a favorite (and it's not you)... you have to suffer through this kind of thing your entire life (even into adulthood). You have my sympathies.