By it's v - 17/03/2018 08:00 - United States - Denver

Today, after my flight arrived late, I ran 60 gates to get my connecting flight. I sprinted up to the gate agent, completely out of breath, and he looked at me, shut the door, and said, “The door is shut. You’re too late.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 378
You deserved it 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully you were able to book a later flight complimentary of the late airline, otherwise I would submit a complaint and request that they cover any change fees or other expenses.

ChromoTec 24

If the gate was still open when you got there, he should be required to keep it open until the appropriate time. Him doing that right as you got there just makes him an asshole.

Comments

Hopefully you were able to book a later flight complimentary of the late airline, otherwise I would submit a complaint and request that they cover any change fees or other expenses.

ChromoTec 24

If the gate was still open when you got there, he should be required to keep it open until the appropriate time. Him doing that right as you got there just makes him an asshole.

He’s likely talking about the plane door. That closes first and can only be reopened under pretty exceptional conditions.

Hey, at least you got a good workout in! You deserve a Cinnabon!

Normally, the airlines are willing to help people make their connecting flights when the first flight is late. You really should complain to the airline about this.

'The door is shut' as if he has no control over it..

They don't have control over it. He means the airplane door, and it's a well known rule that the door cannot be reopened once shut.

Donut_Wizard 23

This sounds like something straight out of Family Guy. The only thing missing is Peter tripping and hitting his knee, and then carrying on for three minutes with sharp, painful breathing.

WeirdUS 29

Doubtful, people in service industries that do stuff like that don't last long especially when it comes to airlines and I don't think those are easy to getl

Right? Is it just me or do 95% of FML’s look fake and made up nowadays?

United Airlines security injured a passenger and dragged him off a flight for refusing to give up his seat. Is it really impossible that an attendant snarkily closed a door?

Do you travel often? I've had situations like this happen to me multiple times... doors shut, even though the plane is still there, you cannot get on. Also, running huge distances depending on the airport... some airports are absolutely enormous and if you aren't prudent, you will miss your connection.

It sucks, but tbh the plane crew was already in preparation to taxi, and he'd probably already gotten to order to close it before you arrived. Could've been nicer about it though.

He wasn’t referring to the door he closed — he meant the door of the plane. When that closes, it’s very abnormal to re-open it.

Guess you were there to get the real story. Thanks for the clarification.

Lobby_Bee 17

The plane door is shut before the one at the gate. Indeed you were too late. Good news is that you can complain and hopefully they will give you some compensation because it wasn't your fault you couldn't make it. I got a free hotel stay in Tokyo because my flight was delayed and I missed the connecting flight. Actually enjoyed the night in Tokyo.