By Anonymous - 12/05/2018 19:00

Today, according to my girlfriend's instant messenger, which she left open on my laptop, I am her rough shag on the side while she searches for a guy who is husband material that her parents will approve of. I guess the engagement ring in my bag is going back to the shop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 285
You deserved it 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. I suppose the silver lining in all this is that you found out she's unfaithful trash before you proposed. Hope you eventually find the right one to marry.

You could say that's why "proposals" are a thing

Comments

Wow. I suppose the silver lining in all this is that you found out she's unfaithful trash before you proposed. Hope you eventually find the right one to marry.

Nowhere did he say or imply she was being unfaithful

ChristianH39 30

It's hard to tell definitively, but "on the side" does suggest it.

Emma Marshall 19

....she's searching for husband material while dating him. You do realise what unfaithful means right?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You could say that's why "proposals" are a thing

Proposals are "a thing". A thing you discuss with your partner before buying a ring. It's a decision you both make, not just one of the partners. Springing that on your partner without even mentioning marriage before in the entire relationship is inconsiderate and people like that deserve a "no".

Yeah marriage is something you discuss with your partner, the proposal is the when and where. Actually getting married shouldn't be the surprise. If OP never discussed it with her in the first place, they had some serious problems from the get go. You know how many women get 'proposed to' after a few months of dating? Happens all the ******* time.

Anna-nymous 8

Proposals are a surprise, they were gonna propose to her!!!

Talk to her. It might have been a joke or an odd comment. You want to be with her.

Yep, good thing you found that out before you popped the question. Ditch her now.

Let’s focus on what’s really important here: When she does get married, can you still be her side piece?

DraftHail614 17

It's ridiculous how much trust just doesn't exist in relationships anymore. They're just a joke for some people now. Honestly. Be glad you found out she's a total bitch before proposing.

Ask her what she thinks of it. Then say oh, sorry, it's not for you. You need to move out today.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. All the same... Looks like you dodged a bullet, bud.