This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Fired Lead - 25/08/2018 23:30

Today, after I got fired without cause and started an investigation, they called to tell me that they were bringing me back and I could keep my tenure. It would "be like I was never fired" but they're not going to pay me for the 6 weeks I couldn't work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 743
You deserved it 144

Top comments

Not sure your employers understand what "tenure" means. I'd suggest hauling them before the Council of Twelve. I mean, a tribunal.

seems a bit dodgy that they aren't going to pay you! well done for fighting it

Comments

seems a bit dodgy that they aren't going to pay you! well done for fighting it

Not sure your employers understand what "tenure" means. I'd suggest hauling them before the Council of Twelve. I mean, a tribunal.

Ya I'd be telling them you're going to give me my back pay and a raise or I'm calling a lawyer 🤔

Start another investigation with HR. That is total bullshit.

Maybe you should just be happy you got your job back.

So, you’re telling OP that they don’t deserve some compensation, just because they “have their job back”? **** you.

bigdaddyeric 35
Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

I call bullshit! They owe you those six months and a pay raise. They ****** up. Not you.

It sounds like the investigation cleared you. Isn't that a good thing? I'm sure this experience was aggravating, but your name has been cleared and you have your job back. That's a pretty good outcome, all things considered.

Yeah they’re cleared, but now they’re out six weeks worth of pay; which means the next time OP gets paid, they’ll only be paid for two weeks.

You can still file an unemployment claim for those 6 weeks. And if they refused to “fire” you during that time it’s an unpaid suspension which you can file a complaint about. Bottom line is someone owes you money.

If they refuse to pay you the 6 weeks owed then they definately only fired you because they thought they would get away with it and you wouldn't fight, so them saying "It will be like you never were fired" is basically them saying "We screwed up and now we will act like it never happened so don't complain"