By Anonymous - 10/08/2018 03:30 - Norway - Oslo

Today, my friends barged in at 8am with the entire day planned out. Apparently they thought I was bluffing when I said I didn't want a bachelorette party. I've been working overtime for weeks straight and am so exhausted I can hardly handle the planning of the wedding itself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 013
You deserved it 353

Top comments

julfunky 29

It sounds like this day is very much needed. Though 8 am is a bit early. They couldn’t have waited until, like, noon?

Just tell them that while the thought is appreciated, you were serious about not wanting a party and then leave them to figure out the rest by themselves. It's their own fault for not listening to you in the first place. It's your wedding, not theirs.

Comments

julfunky 29

It sounds like this day is very much needed. Though 8 am is a bit early. They couldn’t have waited until, like, noon?

Slam a bunch of coffee and make your friends think you’re not a wet blanket. You should hire Jennifer Lopez to help you plan your wedding. Didn’t you see her infomercial/documentary?

Just tell them that while the thought is appreciated, you were serious about not wanting a party and then leave them to figure out the rest by themselves. It's their own fault for not listening to you in the first place. It's your wedding, not theirs.

Nothing beats sleep. I hope you managed to get your rest, eventually.

Mungolikecandy 19

It will be good to get away from work and to decompress.

blondie45 21

You’re lucky you have friends! Embrace the moment. You can sleep on honeymoon 😉

RedRobin 9

How horrible it must be for you to have a group of loving friends who cared enough to plan an entire day celebrating your upcoming marriage.

chessu 21

I feel like this is an 'honest mistake' and I hope you went along with it and you will appreciate their love and efforts as soon as you've had a good snooze

Emma Marshall 19

Maybe you should stop working so much overtime and spend less on the wedding. It isn't healthy working so much anyway.