By Bikeless - 20/08/2018 18:48

Today, four kids strolled into my building, asked the receptionist where the bikes were kept, and walked out with four bikes twice their size, including mine which had a flat tire. The receptionist waved them goodbye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 352
You deserved it 192

dino-rex tells us more.

I did watch... the security footage afterwards. It was actually my residential building. It was Saturday, I was out of town, and when I got home, the management kindly informed us that the idiot receptionist did nothing but watch when the kids took the bikes. And when I say kids, I mean KIDS, they were no more than 12! They very obviously did not live there (residents all know where the bikes are because they are VERY visible), so my guess is that the receptionist (a guy, by the way) was actually in on the plan to steal the bikes. Sadly, there has been no action taken.

Top comments

Wow what a dumbass I'd be telling her she owes you a bike

Is your receptionist Mr. Magoo, by any chance?

Comments

Is your receptionist Mr. Magoo, by any chance?

Wow what a dumbass I'd be telling her she owes you a bike

Spoke with management, they are still "deciding" what to do... it has been two months. (and it was a he, not a she)

Well time for the police and by law the owners have to have insurance to cover stuff like that , hope it's resolved for ya.☺️

Sadly, it would take at least 2 o 3 months pay to cover all four stolen bikes, and we have no say in that. It's a residential building where we rent out apartment. The logical action would have been to fire him (as the only logical explanation for allowing such a theft is to be in on it), but they didn't take that route, and it has already been two months.

Wtf? How can they just do nothing? Isn't there some kind of insurance in place? Or something in your contract about the bicycle room? I mean either it's guarded and it should be clear what happens if something happens, or the bikes should have been locked to something so nobody can just go out with them.

They probably just came to fix your tire. You should get it back in a few days.

This reads like you watched the whole thing happen. Why didn't you step in?

Obviously they work in a different area (most employees aren’t required to sit in the receptionists lap) than the receptionist.

And that means you get to watch theft going on without saying a word? It reads like OP was close enough to see and hear everything so why not at least shout? Besides, "my building" tells me that it was the building OP lives in. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with employees. But that might just be because English isn't my first language.

I did watch... the security footage afterwards. It was actually my residential building. It was Saturday, I was out of town, and when I got home, the management kindly informed us that the idiot receptionist did nothing but watch when the kids took the bikes. And when I say kids, I mean KIDS, they were no more than 12! They very obviously did not live there (residents all know where the bikes are because they are VERY visible), so my guess is that the receptionist (a guy, by the way) was actually in on the plan to steal the bikes. Sadly, there has been no action taken.

Oh I see. The class for clarifying. I hope they do start investigating eventually, find the kids and get you your bike back.

thatslifeiguess7 16

well at least she "accompliced" something today even if it was a criminal.

Why does everybody here think the receptionist must be a woman?